Mounting Filament Holder on X-Axis

Has anyone mounted the filament holder to the x-axis?
To shorten the distance to the head and eliminate the de-spooling of the filament as the head moves up and down the z-axis, I have been running this way for a while with success.

I was encouraged by the work of @ahawkes and his Hawke Perch. And with the use of the Universal Spool Holder

The bearings are very tight on the spool holder for mine and required some sanding of the spool holder rod to snuggly fit. This keeps the spool press fit to the top of the spool holder and allows it to rotate smoothly. With looser bearings the spring spacer would be needed to keep it off the bottom of the rod and binding.

My only concerns are with the rotation of the x-axis causing the head and nozzle to change its z position with different spool weights as filament is used. I have not found any difference and in testing with a probe indicator with full and empty spools.

I moved the cable to the front of the filament and have not found any binding or issue with the cable catching on the spool or impeding it from rotating.

Any thoughts and ideas with this approach?
Otherwise I hope this helps give others ideas like it did me.

A lot of weight and torque on parts that have already been known to develop looseness or outright fail.
Don’t really see what the advantage is. Haven’t had any problem with filament feeding with the normal setup. I added bearing to the normal shaft, just because I happened to have some.

-S