Maximum Work Speed Laser and Lightburn

Hello Folks,
ive seen some older Posts and checked Luban.
Seems for Artisan the Maximum Work and Movement Speed should be at 6000mm/min.

If i set up a project in Lightburn with Stock firmware (not the modded one) im sure that the laser dosent move at 6000mm/min cause the engraving takes much longer then in the preview window of lightburn mentioned.

If that matters:
I use Luban to send Data to the Snapmaker and Lightburn to generate Gcode.
If i look in the Gcode with the editor it is set to F6000.

Any hints or do i think wrong?

Thanks
Markus

What i found out today:
If you use Jarvis as processing mode un picture mode of Lightburn your Speed Setting dosent Matter.
Only Power.
Made a little Test Graphic which i engraved in 6000mm/min and 1000mm/min both times 10% Power and both took 11mins.
Not sure if that is a Snapmaker Thing or a Lightburn Thing…

The actual speed of movement is not constant due to acceleration deceleration. Going from 0 to 6000mm/s takes time and distance, so by the time you get to 3000mm/s you might already be at the coordinates, If you acceleration rate is limited by some factor, like firmware.
Reat about input shaping and speeds (or vibration compensation) to get better idea.
Not sure with artisan, do you know if they released firmware on GitHub or g-code reference documentation? .
It could be possible to change values and get faster speed.

But, with 10w laser, you won’t be able to do much at true F6000, it’s not powerful enough.

I have to say im new in Laser.
So maybe you can hint me to a source where i can find further information?
For my understanding this makes sense BUT when i have a steady line shouldnt i accelerate constantly while moving?
or is there something else that limits the speed while engraving?
I guess (very wild tho :D) that the resolution and lines play in to that, no?

It’s not a limitation of laser but any gantry system like this. Add whatever limitations are in the firmware logic - how exactly it’s calculating the speeds. For example in SM2.0, z axis speed limit can be changed with g-code.

You can try to run your machine with g-code commands via Luban console. Just to test the speeds without running laser.

This is more related to 3d printing, but movement is the same as with laser - https://filament2print.com/gb/blog/178_speeds-accelerations-3d-printing.html

This may be a Lightburn to Luban issue. I just ran a material test on leather, generated by Lightburn and it clearly shows that it stop increasing in speed some where around 2000 mm/m. Something lost in translation when it is imported into Luban maybe? Looking at the preview of the test generated by Lightburn, while in Lightburn, clearly shows increased time and distance allotted for the laser to get up to speed as the engraving speeds up. Tomorrow I think I’m going to play with it a little more, but see if I can get a different result if I manually genrate a material test as opposed to using the one generated by Lightburn.