LightBurn software for Artisan

Hi everyone…
The laser module works ok with Luban in my case.
I was trying to do some depth map engraving and it seems Luban doesn’t offer that. LightBurn does.
Was anyone able to connect it to the Artisan? any issues?

1 Like

There are a lot topics about lightburn, but all about 2.0.

I guess it works for artisan the same way so you should be able to do it:

If you need more information about lightburn, simply search for lightburn in the forum search.

I currently do it like this: I create my drawings in lightburn and export the gcode. I load the gcode file via Luban and wifi onto the Artisan and then start the laser process.

Works quite well so far. But today I noticed that speeds over 2000mm/s are slower.

The maximum should be 6000mm/s. I have created a material test in Lightburn with speed 1000 - 6000mm/s. But everything over 2000 it just drives with 2000mm/s

If I create the same material test in Luban up to 6000mm/s then it will definitely and visibly go faster.

Does anyone have a tip why the Snapmaker via Lightburn does not go faster than 2000mm/s?

I’m assuming you mean mm/m, pretty much all diode lasers are not powerful enough to run at such high speeds, especially with a leadscrew system instead of belts.

Also, open the gcode files in a text editor and see what speeds are being put in the program. It doesn’t matter what software generates the gcode, it’s in general the same. There’s only a few specific things that change between machine types. Maybe check to ensure Lightburn is setup for mm/m as well under Tools > Settings
Screenshot 2023-05-08 163146