Luban update 4.5.0

I removed M105 and M109 S200 C5 W0 and I am able to print. But what are the meaning of C5 and W0 ? Also for M105 ? I do not found them in my papers.

I saw the additional lines also. This is a new set of instructions that seem not to be needed. What I found was to just wait and observe. The M140 command sets the bed temperature, and the M109 sets the nozzle temperature. Watching the display, I found that the bed temperature went to set point and then the nozzle started heating and went to set temperature. After the temperatures were reached, the machine went to the start position and then proceeded to print normally. This is different than previous process of going to start and then heating both the bed and the nozzle.

C & W are new parameters we added. It does not affect the heating of SM2.0.
Everyone will feel that the problem is that the gcode(waiting to heat the hot bed) is in front of the gcode (no waiting to heat the nozzle).
@ljlaursen @AltimaML @MichaelS @Daywalker2112

Can you elaborate on what the “unexpected movement” are? It would be better if there is Gcode.

My machine settings won’t accept 10w laser. It keeps resetting back to 1600w. Anyone else having this issue?

The slicer produces some useless movements outside of the structure. I can see them loading the g-code into the workspace:
Screenshot Luban

This is jointly controlled by the three parameters shown in the figure. If you want to get rid of these paths on the small tip, you can set the minimum layer time to 0.

@furnace2 - what is the best/supported way to revert to a previous version of Luban, without losing custom material and print settings ? Seemingly uninstalling 4.5.0 and re-installing 4.4.0 does not work…as remnants of 4.50 remain. I searched for a FAQ…alas, didn’t find one. Frankly, I would like a clean install (totally) and then just have a way to re-import my custom material and print settings after.

I agree the new parameters don’t affect the heating. However, they cause a significant delay when starting a new job. When the new job is started the bed heats to setpoint, then the nozzle heats to setpoint, then the head moves to home, then the head moves to Z0. Whereas, in the past these functions went on simultaneously which shortened the start to print time. The bed heating time is normally long but now it is 1, 2, 3, 4 waits.

I had assumed this change was by design - the nozzle heats up far quicker than the bed - this gives an extra minute or so for the bed temperature to stabilise - recommended before calibrating so seemed to make sense to me to have the bed at 70 for that extra minute before starting to print.

Never quite got my head around which is best. Snapmaker heats the hotend and lets the bed catch up whereas all my Enders heat the bed first then the hotend.

It’s not the machine that does that, it’s the slicer software.

That is in same order as Cura.