Linear Modules out of production

I know this was mentioned in a thread but… Snapmaker has sent me confirmation that they no longer intend to make the linear modules

Would be nice if a Snapmaker employee could chime in, but it looks like Snapmaker 2.0 is quickly going the way of the original Snapmaker now that Artisan is released :confused: .

Buying them as a set of individual items must still be possible, I hope.

Do not missunderstand them. They are still producing the modules, they Just do not sell the Upgrade Kit with 5 modules anymore. So new a350t still get the modules. I can Imagine that the producing capacities were just booked for one year to give interested people a possibility to update to new version as they do not know how often their customer will upgrade.
But that are just conjectures. They confirmed me that they still produce the a350t, so there are modules, but Just for another market…
In Germany Here is some Distributor selling the single modules with lead 20 and 08, but much more expensive than snapmaker did…

2 Likes

This^^^ It just means that the BUNDLE is no longer for sale. Likely they will still sell the individual modules for as long as the T-series machines are being produced, you will probably just have to contact Support to get them.

1 Like

I didnt ask to buy a bundle, I asked to buy the modules. they said no. They told me to ask distributors.

ill try to ask again, poking at the a350t angle.

Which, by the way, is not the first time they disregarded requests to sell me parts. I asked for the new 3d printing platform with upgraded web twice, no response at all on that one.

They have sold me some items, got a couple single extruders, some various cables etc. that was when edwin was still there though.

As a follow up -

I am not sure why they didn’t say so ahead of time, but yes, they will let you buy them individually. For 700 dollars.

I think I might be better suited to order a prusa if i am going to go that hard on parts.