Laser cutting vector images

I’m trying to learn the behavior of this so I can manage to do successful laser cutting.

My first laser vector image was of a celtic knot. It came out great. One thing I wasn’t expecting though is that it cut along the borders of the black line cutting out the actual line. I was expecting the laser to cut following the line.

So, I took two vector images a solid black square and the outline of a square to see how the laser would cut these out.

It cut the outline of the square as I thought it would on both sides of the line leaving a very thin piece of card stock representing the line.

The solid square I thought it would follow the border of the square to cut it out but instead it started making a filled in square made up of very closely spaced lines.

Am I missing a step or some configuration setting? Is this normal operation among laser engraving/cutting machines?

What do I need to do to get it to cut along a line and not on both sides of it?

Thanks,
Dan

How are you creating the the files and what format are you saving as?

Are you set to vector in Luban? Fill turned off?

If you share the files it sometimes helps.
-S

Hi there, any update please? I’m trying to find out how to cut around a shape, did it once following another post but can find it again now
Cheers

It might be a good idea to start a new topic and give details of what you are trying to do and with which version of the laser module i.e. 1.6W/10W. If you upload your file I will demo with video.

1 Like