Laser autofocus issue, maybe camera not working!?

Hello,

hopefully someone can help me with my issue.
I received my Snapmaker last week.
Now I tried to work with the laser module but when starting the autofocus process, it gets stuck in edit mode when the camera is supposed to read the burned-in lines.
The auto calibration process cannot be skipped or canceled.
When restarting the machine, the calibration process starts from the beginning.
Also it is not possible to leave the calibration screen to get to the main menu of the machine.

Furthermore, even when connected via Luban, the capture with the camera does not work.
No picture is taken although the laser and the camera are displayed as a green dot in the touch display.

I have installed latest Luban 3.12.3 and use latest Snapmaker2_V1.10.1 Firmware but earlier firmware versions do not work either.

Thanks in advance if someone has a clue how to get the thing working.

I wait for the answer too, mine just donā€™t put on the laser :frowning:

[EDIT] It was about the door which wasnā€™t closed for the calibration time. My bad :slight_smile:

I have no enclosure.
Laser works and is drawing the lines but straight after drawing the lines it hangs in the loop of processing(autofocus adjustment).
Only an off/on restart is possible.
Even the manual laser adjustment menu is not accessible, because itā€™s not possible to skip the initial laser calibration. :man_shrugging::sob:

I second this question; Iā€™ve used the laser function a half dozen times and each time Iā€™ve gone through the autofocus process it fails and I have to pick a line manually. Itā€™s not a major problem to enter a choice manually but itā€™s a minor irritation to wait and watch it going through the motions trying to scan the lines only to fail every time.

Not sure if itā€™s related but I note that that the one time Iā€™ve used the camera capture the image was initially wildly distorted - needing far more than just the minor adjustment suggested by the manual. Could this be affecting the ability to pick up the autofocus?

1 Like

Some people have reported that turning off lights so only the one on head/camera is being used has helped.

-S

3 Likes

Thanks sdj544, turning off the lights in my shop fixed all my calibration issues

2 Likes

I am having this same problem and donā€™t see a solution here.

Doing laser autofocus. Laser draws calibration lines, then the head backs up and lights the work surface. The procedure freezes at the ā€œAuto focus/Processingā€ screen and never advances.

I have an enclosure, but it is unplugged from the controller as I found that having the door open stopped the laser. The laser works but it still sticks at the ā€œProcessingā€ screen.

Nothing I can do with turning off lights in my shop makes a difference here.

How long is this processing step supposed to take? Seconds/minutes/hours?

I canā€™t move on so I canā€™t use the laser head. Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your comments. After consulting the support, the module was replaced by Snapmaker.
It looks like the built-in Bluetooth module in the laser module was defective and therefore could not transfer images from the camera.
The replaced one works perfekt.

Hi, there is a procedure to skip the Autofocus process.
I have received the instructions from Sanapmaker support.
If you are interested I can share the link.
Then at least you can use the laser.

@MHOE, yes, please do share a link to the skip-autofocus procedure! That would be very helpful.

The more I work with this, the more I believe that the camera is not working, even though the initial screen shows the camera as green. When I connect to the machine with Luban, the ā€œCamera Captureā€ button does not display a picture. It does nothing, really.

There is one method to jump the guide instruction.

1. power off the machine, and unplug the laser module.
  2. power on the machine and follow the video1.
  • Tap the image on the touchscreen 5 times to enable the developer mode

• Reset the user reference

1. after you finish the steps of video1, please power off the machine.
  2. connect the laser module and power on the machine.
  3. follow video 2 and can you tell me the camera light is yellow or green?
  • Tap the image once to exit the developer mode

• Test the Bluetooth function, and I am sorry for the Chinese characters. Please do as video 2 to test the Bluetooth function.

Attachment(s)
video1.mp4
video2.mp4

1 Like

It did not work this solution for me. I just got the printer one week ago, tested the 3D printer, tested the laser engraver, installed the enclosure, tested the CNC and when going back to laser I got the auto focus problem.

I followed all instructions several times.

Updated the firmware with at least the 3D print module and the laser engraver module, only to discover that the problem was pushed to engraveā€¦ do not move the material.

Only one thing was not making. It was not testing positive the bluetooth connection.

I am a little dissapointed. I wrote yesterday and have not got any answer yet

Hello Marc,

I am also having exactly the same problem. Can you please share the precise way you did it to have it replaced?

Thanks in advance

S

Hi all,

Autofocus calibration / camera calibration endless loop issue is same for me. how to solve ?
I can get pictures from camera.