J1s Copy Mode Error

Trying to print two identical models at once. When I go to the touch screen and hit copy mode, I get “the copy or mirror mode is disabled for dual-extrusion models”.
What am I doing wrong? Bought this J1s in order to build two models at a time.

Makes sense. Says it’s a dual extrusion model, so it needs 2 extruders. To print a copy of that you’d need two dual extruders. Try doing a copy of a single filament model.

Also make sure there is no reference to the second extruder in your slicer. Even if it’s not in use.
For example, in Cura, if you disabled the 2nd extruder but didn’t disable the Prime Tower first, there can be a ‘ghost’ of the prime tower in the g-code.
In OrcaSlicer, make sure the 2nd extruder is not set for support or similar.
I haven’t used Luban but I guess similar issues could also be present.

Thanks for the quick reply. Since I am using the provided slicer (Snapmaker Luban) there is no apparent way to disable an extruder. Will keep experimenting.

Have a look at this:
https://wiki.snapmaker.com/Snapmaker_Luban/dual_matieral_slice

You need to slice in mirror mode, I guess. (2.0 user here…)

I believe you must slice the model with only one extruder assigned to the model. If you are using brim or skirt, it should be assigned to the same extruder. Then you upload the gcode file and choose whatever mode you want (copy/mirror) on the display…

Are you trying to print a multi material/color model in copy/mirror mode? I dont think thats possible…

Thanks for the reply. Not trying to print multi color for one model. Trying to print two identical models using two reels of the same color in each extruder. Tried using only one model and asking to copy on the front panel screen and continue to get the error message. Really confused.

Ron

Are you using skirt, brim or raft? Try deactivating and maybe it will work…
Perhaps you could upload the project file here and we’ll see if there is a problem in your settings…

Or could try a different model (ie. calibration cube), that would eliminate some guesswork whether it’s the model or not.

Did you also place the model on a side and not in the middle? So in the copy or mirror area?

Yes. Moved it over to the side

Ron