J1 Kickstarter Rewards Delivery Info

Received it yesterday.
Unpack, setup and first calibration were straightforward :slight_smile: Well done!

1 Like

@Jade @Riskey @Snapmaker-Support

Any news/updates on the shipping, respectively customs procedures?

The e-mail from the 9th of January was mentioning something about end of January as being the estimated date when the printers should be released from the customs.

A couple of days ago Snapmaker sent an e-mail regarding the shipment of the Kickstarter J1s and I’ve seen here on this forum someone complaining they didn’t received the respective e-mail.

I’m not exactly sure why this was not posted here by Snapmaker, but here it is for everybody still waiting for their printers:

Dear J1 backers,

I am very sorry that this batch of J1 machines made you wait so long. We sincerely apologize.
In order to solve the problem of this machine being inspected by customs, we decided to re-ship you the J1 machine directly from China by air.

Affected by the holiday and the surge in volume, your original J1 machine has been waiting for European customs inspection.

If there is no accident, the new J1 machine shipped by air will be delivered to you within 3 weeks, and the original package will be intercepted to the EU warehouse, and you do not need to do anything.

The freight forwarder will pick up the goods at the warehouse tomorrow and we will notify you as soon as there is a logistics tracking number.

The current status of original J1 machine is that it has passed the machine inspection at the airport and is waiting for manual inspection by customs. I learned from the freight forwarder that there are 800 containers waiting for manual inspection at the same time. Unfortunately, this batch of J1 machines was originally scheduled to be inspected last week, but customs had not inspected it.

We have also tried our best to communicate with the logistics agent many times, but the progress has not been as expected.

It is an unavoidable risk of logistics and transportation that the goods are randomly inspected by the local customs, and we are deeply helpless.

We will focus on improving user experience in the future, and non-pre-sale products will be stocked in EU warehouses in the form of stocking and then shipped from EU warehouses.

P.S. I removed on purpose the last paragraph from the e-mail since it contains sensitive information which most likely should not be made public.

@Jade @Riskey
Wasn’t the printer shipped by boat (Sea Transportation)? How did they get to an airport?

Hi dragos,

Yes the original batch of J1 was shipped by boat. The location of customs inspection is generally at the import and export wharf, station, airport, post office, or other customs supervision places within the customs supervision area. We’ve confirmed that the custiom inspection for J1 is held at the wharf, and the “airport” information is a mistake from the freight forwarder.

1 Like

I’m among the ones waiting for the second shipping attempt.

My tracking code just started showing updates today and seems like the printer will be delivered next Monday.

I hope the other 75 guys are also getting some updates from UPS :slight_smile:

Aaaand I just received my printer! :partying_face:
Now unpacking and setting up.