I guess we won't get dual extrusion for 2.0?

Now with the release of Artisan, I guess the 2.0 will be obsolete and I’m guessing we will never get the dual extrusion module they said they were working on?
I’ve been waiting for a while and I don’t think I have the money to upgrade to a whole new machine just because I want the dual extrusion.

1 Like

Have to wait and see.
2.0 owners may very soon find themselves out in the cold the way SM original owners did.
Overpromised and under-delivered.
Not the way to foster brand loyalty and build a sustainable user base.

-S

2 Likes

I am so frustrated and disappointed seeing this announcement for “Artisan” with no mention of Snapmaker 2.0 compatibility. I just spent thousands of dollars to get a 2.0 and case, because of Snapmaker’s commitment to MODULAR design, and public commitment to release new modules. Now am I going to be stuck with an outdated system? This seems like a sick joke to play on customers. Snapmaker staff, please comment.

3 Likes

I’m hoping they continue with the CAN bus, which should at least allow you to use the new modules. If they update the firmware. As an owner of an Original, I’m not holding my breath. Still, I’m holding out hope that all y’all don’t get forgotten about the same way.

1 Like

I find this statement particularly unpalatable After Snapmaker 2.0, we spent almost two years 516 days crafting a brand-new machine product.

The trello board that used to have a public roadmap had the dual extruder listed in 2020. All I’m going to say.

1 Like

From the KS faq:

-S

1 Like

Same here, it is still stated on the website that the add ons for the 2.0 will come.
And Zero from snapmaker confirmed to me that it would come in 2022. So did the roadmap which did not say anything about again a new printer.
But i read on the facebook page that they will release a faq including a compability explanation this week, so i’ll wait for that for now.

Well what i can see here in the animation, is that the iron bracket is still on the back. i just hope it has holes in it so it can be used on the 2.0

1 Like

Melitta just answered on the facebook message i posted yesterday. There is going to be a dual extruder for the 2.0

facebookkk

2 Likes

This is good news. I was about to walk!

This is was I just got from support
Eamon (Snapmaker)

Jul 27, 2022, 16:07 GMT+8

Hi Max,

Thanks for contacting us and sorry for keeping you waiting.

We’re already working on the development of a dual-extruder module for Snapmaker 2.0. Hopefully, it will be available by the end of 2022.

Hoping my explanation can assist you. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards / Eamon

2 Likes

AWSOME NEWS

Just got the email today that the preorders for the dual extrusion head for SM 2.0 starts on Sept 27th. Not sure of the price yet.

1 Like

I am going to assume they are going to ship at the same time the Artisan finally goes out which they have listed as December 2022. We will see!! Keeping my fingers crossed

I’ll be first in line to preorder! Can’t wait!

What will be the price?

“Save up to 230$” gives me the feeling it will cost 500$+ :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Yeah you right!! They tell you the discount you gonna get, but don’t tell you the price! Kinda like with the Artisan…we will give you a 5% discount…and then the price is released at $2700.

Not if I beat you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: This is one upgrade that I’ve been waiting for. I just hope they don’t break too many other things in Luban getting it to work.

From Snapmaker

Hi Makers,

The Dual Extrusion 3D Printing Module for Snapmaker 2.0 will be available for pre-order on Sep 27!

We know many users have long been expecting this specific module and thanks for your continuous support and waiting. You may have wondered what the price is. Here follows more information about what’s in the box and the price.

First off, your package will come with the module itself with two hot ends (0.4 mm-nozzle), a spool of breakaway PLA filament, and a filament holder.

As for the price, during the pre-order period, you can get the Dual Extrusion Module for 399 USD, including free shipping via international air transport, rather than the MSRP, which is 599 USD.

On top of that, if you purchase the Dual Extrusion Module during Sep 27 - 30, you can get it for 369 USD!

Not too bad on the price!!

Excellent price!
This just keeps getting better and better. Well worth the wait.