Help figuring out what is causing tiny holes in Lightbox created with U1

so I am looking for help trying to figure out why my U1 can not seem to be able to print a lightbox without having tiny holes in it. i am using the standard profile in snapmaker orca but i am unable to figure out why the tiny holes are appearing all throughout the print. the tiny white areas in the second pic are the open areas i have no idea why its doing this. any help would be great.

thank you .

Hi, for starters: do you have gap fill turned on and do you print with a prime tower?

Also, did you by any chance scale down this print? It looks rather small, I’m assuming the lines may be too thin to print. One solution could be to turn on Arachne mode if you’re on classic right now. If that doesn’t solve it, for such small prints it could be advisable to move to 0.2mm nozzle hotends instead of 0.4mm.

I’m presuming you are using the 0.20 profile? I would try it with the 0.12 profile if so - but because this will greatly increase the print time I would just cut out a small section where you are having issues and just print that first to see if it cures it before committing to a full print again

I will give that a try thanks

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

Hi, use the Arachne perimeter generator instead of the classic one. Run a test and configure it properly, although normally when you activate it, it usually works very well, so you won’t have any gaps.

Try a tinier nozzle size like 0.2mm. This would mean you could fill holes better.
You should see it already in the preview.
Another thing to try would be to switch between infill patterns.

Thanks I will try the recommendations

Take a look at “small area flow compensation”. That might have something to do with it.

It looks to me that you have two different problems, one in each picture.

actually that is the same pic zoomed in ,have tried arachne, changed profiles cannot seem to get rid of tiny holes and weird white spots, thought it might be seam related but no, changing to every kind of seam setting nothing still there, am going to go to 0.2 nozzles see if that is the problem, it is strange these are made on the maker world maker lab lightbox maker, but i would think that its still a version of orca for the bambo printers it should not be this hard on the u1.

those holes are really stubborn huh — you’ve already run through the usual suspects and they still won’t budge. hopefully someone who’s fought this exact thing shows up with the magic setting soon.

It has to be settings it does it on any image I set up in maker labs lightbox maker which maybe a bambo app but it’s still up to print in a version of orca which is the same thing the sanpmaker is using, so I am going to see if the .02 nozzles solve the problem. I wonder if I could get bambo studio to see the u1 and see if that does something. Hmmm

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

okay can anyone tell me what these white dots are in the print seems to always be there even i

n downloaded light box fronts.

Your menu says “flow”. If you expand the menu, it will show a key to what the colours represent, but I expect the white is where the flow gets turned off at the start and end of paths. That’s a necessary aspect of slicing, but you can adjust the severity.

I assume the white areas have been painted on by you to show where the problems occur? It might be handy to see the screen shot without the edits.

As a very simple work-around, you could try increasing the flow rate percentage a bit.

These are the seams. Or in other words, where each (outer wall) line starts and ends.

If you jog the bottom slider, you can see precisely how the machine will draw each line. Then it will make sense to you hopefully. It’s a learning curve, but you’ll get there :+1:t3:

You’re right, they’re seams (where the path starts and stops). On the “line type” view (menu), white is listed as seam. I knew that. What I didn’t realise is that white still represents seams on the other view types, even though it’s not listed in the relevant key (I just checked).

Every day is a school day!

Really?? How? The top photo looks actual, the second is a screen shot from the slicer.

Too much confusion.

Have you looked at any of the things I suggested?

I thought the same, but horse to water and all that.

oh seams, that makes sense why they keep landing in the same spots then huh