First layer calibration & live adjust

Hi, I got my snapmaker last week. I already own 2 Prusa i3 MK3S printers. The first thing I was looking for was something similar to the “1 layer calibration” from the prusa were the printer prints a thin line and you can live adjust the Z level.

Also I haven’t found a way to adjust the z level globally after the calibration without starting a new calibration.
Is there an option (or planned) to get a live adjust feature for the z-level?
Here for reference.

Thank you,
Andreas

1 Like

You could adjust your z-offset before or until printing, swiping from the right edge to the left of the touchscreen.
With the latest firmware the z-offset will be the same for future prints, it will be saved.

1 Like

I agree with Andreas… a feature like this would solve a lot of problems for me. I also have an MK3s, and I absolutely love that feature… not totally necessary for PLA, but really, really helpful for anything else.

Same here. Mk3S and Prusa Mini. Love that feature.

I’m kinda lost here. I can’t get a good printing result over the printing area. Either it’s to near or to far. only the middle seems to be fine.
I already have set the auto calibration to the max. numbers of points.
I’m using the A350.
Any tipps for the first layer calibration? I guess I do a manual calibration for each point. I can’t imagine that anybody can print with the auto calibration (bigger models).
I’m spoiled with my prusa. Here the first layer calibration works perfect. To be fair, the bed size is just 1/3 of the snapmaker.

The bed may be installed upside down.

Or the bed may be severely warped like mine is. I couldn’t get a decent first layer on anything bigger than a benchy. Filament was either embedded in the print sheet or did not stick.

1 Like

You may need to try several prints to find the proper Z-offset. And before the printing is started, or during the printing process, you still can adjust the Z-offset. On the printing screen, slide the screen from right to left and you’ll see the menu to control the Work Speed, Nozzle temperature, Z-offset, and Enclosure. Cheers.

I agree also completely. I have also in addition to my A250 a Prusa mini and the first layer calibration would really be a great additional help to achieve good calibrations and prints. @Snapmaker-Team please add this feature to the next firmware version.

Maybe share a video how the prusa does.
I guess they, me including, did not know how live adjust of your prusa works.
For me, the option of setting the offset, in all firmware works.

Timestamped video. Live Z Adjusting just means that you can adjust the Z height all the time by tiny steps, even in the middle of a print. This is unbelievably useful and I’m totally spoiled by the Prusa as well for including this as stock.

You can do that on your snapmaker as well. Swipe from the right to the left during a print.

I’m thrilled to hear this, but also sort of confused as to why it’s so hidden. Am I crazy or is there no way to do this global value adjustment outside of an active print/full recalibration then?

I’m not at my device right now, so not sure. I can’t remember if it’s always accessible on the swipe from right menu. It’s definitely saved and the value remains active across multiple jobs.

Good day
I would also like to have a feature to adjust the Z-axis after calibration. I previously used the Z-Morph and they print 5 lines after calibration and you choose which line looks the best. Then they also have a feature where the Z-Axis only can be adjusted and saved.
I currently print a grid after calibration, but if I am not happy I have to go through the whole procedure again.

Swipe from the right of your screen during printing and you can adjust z offset and printing temperatures.