Feature Request: Materials Settings in Luban

I want to be able to load an image into the Laser palette in Luban and then go to a drop-down menu and select the material I want to work with so Luban automatically sets basic parameters for that material…and then user tweaking can happen from there.

The laser controls in Luban are completely open with no base reference. Every new project is based on the last project and if I cut paper successfully once, then engrave wood successfully, then go back and cut paper, but forget the settings, I’m left to just figure it out from memory or I have to go searching through the forum to maybe find someone that might have done the same thing…which leads to mixed results/wasted time/wasted materials. I cut a lovely image into the sample ply, first try without adjusted any of the laser settings…but that was 8 projects ago and those settings are gone (Note: how is it I cannot see these setting on the Snapmaker’s control module screen when I select a file there??). Plywood, Leather, Paper, Rubber, etc, etc. I just want select what I’m engraving/cutting, have Luban load the basic settings for me and go.

If we can’t get a drop down, how about at least a chart? I can’t find anything except forum user efforts and a lot of them are terribly unclear and only add to confusion (no offense, folks, but we are home users, not technical writers). And the online “manual” is a whole other problem that is less than helpful. If there is a simple reference chart, someone please let me know where I can find that.

Don’t get me wrong; I love this machine so far, but there are some REALLY BASIC settings that are missing. This is pretty typical when a company producing the machine has been working with it for years and has forgotten what it is like to just pull it out of the box as a brand new user, so I can only presume that’s what’s happened.

Here’s something:

-S

The above link was the first post I saw about it and it’s settings bring mixed results. And, for the life of me, I do not understand why they have slashes for some of the settings when there seems to be no explanation as to what the slash is for. Plywood, engrave, grayscale, speed = / Why? Are they trying to say it doesn’t apply? That it varies so much he can’t state a number? Usually this can be stated with a range. Perhaps I’ve just missed the explanation? It’s close to a chart. It’s basics. I suppose it’s what I’m asking for as an alternative, but it’s rather un-thorough for a company that’s been putting the Snapmaker through its paces for years now. Has no one been compiling a database of positive results over a range of materials this entire time? It’s just hard to believe.