Extruder chewing filiment

I have done many 5 square calibrations, replace a hot end and my extruder chews, with the Snapmaker calibration card, up the filiment. Using PETG nozzle 245°C initial, 240°C for the rest, hot plate 85°C initial, 80°C for the rest 0.2mm layers.

How do I fix this so I can use my A350T?
Mike

Your nozzle is too close to the bed, which is one of the reasons that you are having issues. The temperature might be a little too high as well, but I can’t really tell due to the first issue. An 85°C hot bed is too high, try 77°C for the first layer, and 66°C for subsequent layers. Try reducing the speed of the first layer to 15mm/s as well. You may need to reduce the hot end temperature by 5°C if you do this, to prevent the PETG from crystalizing.

Also, it looks like you have a bed leveling issue, which may mean that your platform is severely warped. Try performing an 11 x 11 bed level to see if that helps. If it doesn’t, you can either try to flatten the platform yourself (NOT RECOMMENDED) or contact Support for options.

Instructions for 11 x 11 bed leveling

Ok, I did the 11X11 calibration and save items. I will do another test run tomorrow. However I did use a straight edge on the heated platform (the one with screws) and it looked like approximately 2-3mm lift from corner to corner.

Thank you for your time and support. If you feel my issue is bed replacement please advise. I have only had it a week A350T W/ enclosure.
Mike

For the short term you can try loosening the screws, so that they don’t bow the heated bed, as 2-3mm is very extreme. The screws just need to be tight enough to prevent lateral movement. Up/down movement is not an issue. You’ll need to recalibrate after. Since it is brand new, I would contact Support and see if you can get the platform replaced.

If it’s left to right (or right to left) might need to tram. (do a search for tramming)
If it’s front to back, make sure rails are centered on platform and not hanging over.
If this is from center to edges it’s usually an assembly problem.
Make sure your bed is assembled correctly.
Bed frame needs to be nuts down. Use flat head screws on heated bed so they’re flush.

If it’s none of these things, then you should contact support. That much deviation is not acceptable.

-S

Support contacted. Bed isn’t flat.