Enclosure door open contact: is relly needed?

Hi guys,
I’m playing with the laser of my new Snapmaker Orignal and since I’ve got also the enclosure I’ve enabled the door open feature.
I’d like to know if pausing the engraving is really needed when the door get opened.
The laser is shoting downward to the bed so which risks we could have just looking at it?

Its all about the shattered radiation, the saftyglasses are not to steer into the beam!
Maybe protect your kids or anyone else? Protection is a good thing.

Look at this:

Thank you so much for the explanation

Hi, yes it is needed to pause the laser when one side panel is opened. The laser is class 4 and you should avoid staring at the laser directly as it will burn your retina before you know it. Wear safety goggles provided too.

Make sense but… we can’t staring at the laser directly because it is facing the bed, isn’t it?
My first question was if it could be dangerous also if we’re looking at it not directly.

Thanks for response! :slight_smile:

Yea it would be difficult to stare at the laser directly with that setup, but you will never know. Kids sometimes do dangerous things unintentionally. But yea be extra cautious when using laser around windows or glasses too, as they will reflect the laser.