Dust and Chip Collection for CNC

So I am currently working with hard wood and since a lot of chips are building up while doing the cnc work, heat is also building up quickly. And since I can’t stand next to my machine 3h on end collecting dust with a vacuum I finally want to set up a dust collection system.

My question: Do you have any good products that work on the SM2 to collect all the chips and dust? It’s especially important now, since I’ll receive my case for the SM2 soon and even more heat will build up under it!

Thanks in advance!

Do a search on thingiverse. Lots of different ideas and designs for dust collection.

-S

don’t be afraid to use the search in the forum

1 Like

So, I’ve tested you and there really isn’t a crumb of dust left behind.
Namely this Abssaugung whether with or without enclosure!!!

Here is the link : Vacuum Attachment Snapmaker 2.0 CNC With Side attachments by dagur - Thingiverse

huge vorrteil, you can adjust the Abssaugung in height, attention is of course required, you should look before how deep you mill with the cutter and the Abssaugung of course accordingly high attention.
But even at a greater distance, everything is sucked off here. Have tested it in a test milling, not a crumb of dust lands next to everything is sucked off. Even if the Abssaugung is 2 cm above the cutter tip!