DIY enclosure controller - prototype on Arduino

Hi
Sorry for the late reply - I don’t have enough time lately. I think I have too much passion, hobbies, interesting things to do. Besides, work, family, and it’s winter and I like skiing …

Regarding the DIY module - well, I made a dedicated PCB, assembled it, well … it works,
looks like this:

I added an emergency button function in the software. I am currently testing a DS18B20 digital temperature sensor with 1-wire interface, LCD display, small buzzer, etc. I have some ideas for their functionality but it’s just more fun than any real need.

A soon I’ll prepare a short movie where you can see the details better and I will share
all necessary files to make such device.

By the way, I was a bit surprised because I ordered a 4 pin cable from Snapmaker. I cut it in half to connect it to my module. But I saw that this is probably somehow different (maybe new) version.

The longest pin is GND and it is connected to the black wire. It makes sense, of course.
:thinking: But it is the opposite of the cable cut by other users from this forum (e.g. Streupfeffer.)

P.S.
By the way, I am preparing a description /guide on CAN communication in Snapmaker 2.0, which includes examples, message identifiers, my program code fragments, etc.
It is 80% ready - I want to supplement it with examples and log files from CAN Bus Sniffer
to make everything better understandable. In a few days it will be ready.

7 Likes