Cura Bridge settings for PETG

Struggling to get good results with the bridge settings in Cura. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am printing Polymaker PETG at 0.16mm layer height with the slowest print speeds. Please see my temperature results and bridge settings below - please note that my temperatures are actually 10 degrees lower than shown in image as I started the Cura post script at 250 instead of 260.

Not sure, if the cooling fan is doing its job or if something is wrong with my settings? Or maybe its the filament itself, but I dried it for 8 hours so should be good.

Try again with a desk fan blowing over it - that made a big difference for me on the original print head.

Brent, Do you mean one of those large table top fans that rotate. Lol - No way I can fit that into my enclosure, unless I leave the door open and put the fan on a small table in front of the enclosure. Not sure, what kind of air is needed either without messing up the surface quality. I noticed there is lag when that small blower comes on during the bridge prints - I think that could be a problem as that first string should have that fan at full speed. I saw your post about adding a blower onto the print module - did that workout for you in the long run?

Yes, works great. Based on comments on the forum I was under the impression that was not required on the new style head

Just for a test put it next to the enclosure. It doesn’t have to be pretty to confirm if airflow is the issue. I used this to test:

I am using the new 3D print head. I’ll give the table fan a try tomorrow. I get the feeling all those scrap loose pieces of filament will start flying around the enclosure soon. I’ll also try to reduce the layer height as that would allow the material to cool quicker.

Lol I think I set it on low and put it 4 feet away to somewhat mimic realistic cooling.

I do recall bridging being challenging. Not just with this machine either.

Here’s a couple tests I ran, before and after the cooling mod I made. Cooling can make a big difference. I think this was with the default Cura bridging settings.

That was in PLA, not PETG like you’re trying, so if there’s any material property differences that are in play here I don’t know anything about that, never used PETG.

I need to use PETG as I need the mechanical properties and be able to withstand temperature as most of things I make are for practical use. I had the fan at the slowest setting about 4’ away - print surface was a disaster and didn’t help the bridging at all. I will try to lower the layer height and maybe play with some of the speed settings to see if that can help.

If tweaking settings doesn’t work then you will need to use supports.