CNC vacuum (too much wood dust)

Hi,
The dust while machining with CNC is a big problem especially when doing a bigger project.
I used the adapter by brvdboss ( as in picture ) and it worked pretty well. The problem however is the vac.
I bought a small and cheap vac just to test out the efficacy. It worked very well, but there’s no way I’m listening to the terrible sound for hours. My next attempt was to make a quiet dust extractor from a 10L bucket with a lid and two 12V power supply fans mounted on top sealed with hot glue. This system is quiet, but not very effective. I’m now trying to improve the system by buying more effective fans.
So for now I’m isolating the dust with the original Snapmaker enclosure. Cleaning the enclosure with a vac is pretty easy and working without vacuum adapters much easier. For now, it works for me…

Does anyone use a vac attachment with the enclosure? I see the hose getting in the way (hitting the enclosure at the top), and a problem connecting a hose to the vacuum (unless I disconnect the fan and thread it through the fan hole). Thanks in advance, Matt

A pneumatic vac might be an option if you have access to compressed air

I like the CNC stock hold brakes! Can you share the fusion or stl file for them?

Here you go:

1 Like

Have been using this design as well. It is pretty good, but I have added a 90 degree angle tube to the top because otherwise the tube would bump into the top plate of the enclosure.

2 Likes

anyone make a new adaptor for the 200 Watt yet?