CNC Lost Work Origin Mid Job

It’s not the rail that slips, it’s the motor itself that thinks it has move forward, but because it was blocked actually didn’t. A stepper motor doesn’t counts the number of steps it takes, it just tries to do the number of steps it’s commanded to do. When it’s blocked, the it will be stuck in a place, but the program will think it actually made these steps

That’s still possible, based on personal experience not something I have seen, but then again I’ve never done a single toolpath that takes more than 10 hours or so. So it’s definitely possible.

With Luban that’s a challenge, and apart for some simple relief carving I would recommend other tools. Fusion is the most popular one for users on the forum here. But it does come with a learning curve, but once you’ve got the basic setup covered, it’s relatively easy for standard toolpaths.

That’s actually a limitation of Luban that isn’t able to generate those type of toolpaths. The device itself is perfectly capable of that.

Looking at the picture, assuming thats a 15x10cm (6"x4") rectangle, a job like that shouldn’t take more than a few hours on the SM2 with the right toolpaths and milling bits.

To get started, this topic contains some useful info:

There are some really nice tutorials you can find on youtube about Fusion 360 CAD/CAM as well