CNC Cutting Settings follow path offset

Hi there,
i have a question concerning the cnc function in luban. When cutting out a simple letter B the size seems not to fit exactly as i want it to be. I do belive that it has something to do with the size of the head. Maybe there is a setting of an offset? When the carve path is set to follow path, it will eventually cut out 1mm left and right from the path. Is there a way to fix this besides making the object 1 mm bigger?
Cheers
Ralf

I don’t think there is yet. I assume you are using a 2mm bit? The center of the bit will move along the line, so there will be 1mm removed on each side.

Thx for your help. But this seems to me to be an essential feature that needs to be adressed. When building something on your own, this can be handled during production, However if you get a costumers file, changing the design might be somewhat of a pain in the bud :slight_smile:

Yes I’m with you. But as long as Luban doesn’t have this feature you could use fusion 360.

You mean applying the 1mm extrusion of my path in fusion 360, or is fusion 360 able to control my snapmaker? :slight_smile:

Oh i just learned that fusion can output g-code. Great thx :slight_smile:

That’s exactly what I meant use the fusion 360 cam function to generate your gcode.

1 Like