Cleaning of the laser platform

Have been using the laser to cut material and I find that following the laser power/material guidelines issued by Snapmaker is a little over the top…i.e. too much power for the materials. Now after using the guide to cut through plywood etc, I have some burnt residue left on the laser platform. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean it? The residue is also sticky and has a pungent burn smell!

Thanks in advance!

I tried to soap and water on a basting brush; still there. After it dried I tried Windex bingo, it did worked. But my ultimate choice was rubbing alcohol. because it evaporated fastest.
The stains are the product of combustion and contain oils which grip the carbon like glue. A few sprits of the alcohol let it sit for a few seconds then the brush. I brush towards the front where I’ve place a paper towel then whipping the brush occasionally so it picks up liquid faster.
On an additional note I have noticed loss of the paint on the top edge of the fins in areas that I made with repeated paths and too much laser power. You are correct about the recommended power levels.

2 Likes