Baseboard is very unusable!

Hello Makers and Stuff @Tracy @Edwin

did anybody have seen this Issue?

looks like there is something wrong?

I just have to ask, have you trammed the x-axis to the baseboard before taking that measurement

Ha, jinx eh9

The change in height during traversal of the mounting recess is, in both cases, about 0.16 mm. All that means is that your x-axis isn’t assembled parallel to the base, but at a slight angle.

tomorrow i will have a look at that!

Have dissasembled the hole machine and build it up from scratch!

But how ever, if you press lightly in the middle of the plate it bends anmog 1/10mm!

Yes, it’s really not particularly stiff. It’s adequate if you’re doing decorative work, where small variations don’t matter as much. It’s quite a problem if you’re trying to make dimensionally accurate parts.

Now my machine is back to work.
As I said my basboard is not flat. If it was flat, that would be no goal. Its to instable.
As i disasemled my hole 350 and build it up new, I fasten the baseboard to 30 mm piece of wood, somthig like kitchendesks. then I connectet the two Z Axis on the top with aluprofile and alignd them perfectly paralell (+4/100 overall). For the printbed I build two rails that sits under the bed (Im inspierd from a post here but I could not find it anymore) to make the frame of the bed more stable.(its not ready to share at the point) My digitalprobe says 25/100mm over all in Y. I noticed that the Axis modules sounds much better than before. I thought of using a tempert and grinded 15mm steelplate as base and two large supports at the backside. that would make it ROCKSOLID. The biggest house, if build on sand its nothing. Dont get me wrong I love my machine, but its possible to make it be mutch better.

My problem with the X Axis (see post above) is gone, think it was because it hit the plate for a view times .
At least some pictures from prints I made:

Im very curios and exited what way snapmaker machines were going to.

3 Likes

This post? Y Axis Rattle - Proposed Solution - #4 by Toxic

1 Like

Exactly this. I see much better motion of the bed even if it is twiggeling around like a bunny.
The skull is printed at 0,16 60mm.

My bedsupport is aslong old alurails from a old wardrobe and the rolls are from the plates to move around furniture. But it works still good.

1 Like

Yeah I am looking into some flat material to make a new base for too.

i was considering high temp garolite to replace the aluminum webbed component, as it should be quite light and flat, but i think the rough texture might inhibit success.

getting a length of truebar and constructing a lower frame assembly would also be a beneficial move.

This is very much.

I would like to drill a hole with a 3mm diameter, but with a 1.4mm diameter cutter I only get 2.45mm. In the tool list I then defined the 1.4mm milling cutter as 0.8mm, then I get the 3mm diameter in the workpiece. I do something wrong?

I use Fusion360 to generate my G-Code File