Auto support add/delete not working 4.10

I posted this originally under the J1 area, but thought it best to repeat here.
I can’t for the life of me get the auto support dialog to do anything. I generate the Gcode with supports set to on then want to delate some of them (printed threads for example), but highlighting the areas with the brush set to delate and nothing seems to change. Hit generate G code again and the message generating supports flashes up and the supports are the same as before. Same goes for adding extra supports or special supports. Nothing seems to make any difference in the dialog box. Hitting generate auto supports just puts supports everywhere as normal.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?
The work around for the threads was to find a value for the support angle parameter. If I set it to to 80 deg it didn’t support the threaded section. But obviously the original thought process must have been to be able to brush an are and add or delete supports.

4 Likes

Same issue here, using latest Version of Snapmaker Luban v4.10.1

1 Like

Hello, thank-you.
The function "Support - Add/Delete " does not work in the latest version (4.11), nor in version 4.10.1. It is very annoying that such a basic function supported by all other slicers does not work here. This is a sign of a glaring and unacceptable lack on the part of snapmaker. It is time for him to correct this major flaw. If they don’t know how to write a slicer correctly, let them do like everyone else and fork Prussa Slicer or BambuStudio or OrcaSlicer…