Auto leveling failing on the 5 point. Manual calibration makes the unit throw mat on the floor

I have printed a few items. Now it suddenly wants to not level at all. It tests the first 4 points with no issue. The fifth point, the back right, pushed down into the mat. It then stops calibration and drives to the center. I can recalibrate several times before it may work correctly. If I put the spatula under the camera on the fifth point, it will finish the calibration. But that ruined a mat by gouging a hole in that area while printing and I had to buy a new one.

Why is the unit suddenly not working correctly/how do I fix this?

Snapmaker2 350.

Charles

The two most common causes of this are incorrect assembly of the Snapmaker or malfunctioning or incorrectly adjusted proximity sensor. Since it worked before and still tests some points correctly, you probably don’t have an assembly error and the sensor is working at least intermittently. Try to adjust it and see if that helps:

https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046839854-How-to-adjust-the-probe-proximity-sensor-in-the-3D-printing-module-

Thanks for the reply. I created an account on that page. I’m getting the following:

"# oops

You’re not authorized to access this page

Take me back to the home page"

Charles

There’s a screw on the back of the printing module that holds the proximity sensor and is in an adjustment track.

(this image is from snapmaker’s adjustment page, and it’s wrong, do not adjust as it is in the picture, this is just to show the screw).
Normally mounted, you cannot access this screw, so take the module off, move it down, and attach the top screw holes in the bottom part of the plate so it hangs lower on the linear module and you can access the adjustment screw.

Loosen the screw and verify you can gently move the sensor and power up the machine. After homing, slowly use the jog buttons to move the print head down until the nozzle just touches the build plate, then place a card or item under the sensor to adjust it up 0.5-1mm. An old credit card can work well, but keep in mind the magnets in the heatbed can ruin the magstrip. Tighten the adjustment screw.

If you cannot adjust the sensor up, the nozzle might be too low and may have fallen a bit. There’s a small hex setscrew behind the door to the extruder.

Loosen this, and push the hotend assembly (where the nozzle is), as far up as you can, then tighten the screw again. Afterwards, follow the above.

After adjusting, remount the module properly on the plate again and try calibration.

That worked perfectly. Then I damaged the hot end again and had to replace it. Then I calibrated it again and it seems to be working fine now.

Thank you!

Glad to hear it worked.