We sincerely apologize for your custom profile loss after Luban 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 upgrades which were released on December 13, 2021.
We found issues in material, printing, and tool settings and made a terrible decision to fix it by deleting the 3DP/CNC profiles. As a result, the custom profiles are deleted after the upgrade and can’t be recovered. The Luban 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 have been replaced with a fixed version on December 27 and the latest version, 4.1.3 incorporates that fix.
As makers ourselves, we understand that all those custom settings were set up over the previous weeks, months, or even years after lots of trials and errors. It’s totally frustrating to have them missing and is going to be a huge pain to rediscover. We deeply regret that we made such an unacceptable mistake and failed to deliver the reliable software support you’ve come to expect from us.
At Snapmaker, customer satisfaction is highly valued. Our R&D team has been taking this issue seriously and is taking appropriate measures to ensure it would not happen again in the future, including:
- Prohibit permanent deletion of user profile data and add a backup in other file locations if necessary to ensure users’ accessibility to historical data.
- In terms of product and technical solutions, strengthen the product capabilities of the profile database to ensure continuous upgrades.
- Add test cases for profile compatibilities. Only when the safety of user data is confirmed can the latest version of the software be released.
- If the user data is not compatible with the upgrade, the user will receive a notification before the automatic update and will only start the process after confirmation (will also back up the data as listed in 1).
Again, we feel sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
We conducted the Luban user survey earlier this month and received hundreds of valuable feedback. There’s much more we could do to improve and thank you all for your continuous support. On this occasion and as required by our dedicated users, we would like to take a preview of the upcoming Snapmaker Luban Beta Program that will be officially launched in 2022.
About the Snapmaker Luban Beta Program
Play a role in improving Luban before its next releases and get early access to the latest features and updates. As a member of the Luban Beta Program, you can take part in shaping Luban software by test-driving pre-release versions and letting us know your timely and effective feedback.
We are looking for those who are…
- willing to spend a certain amount of time in Beta Test Program
- Snapmaker machine owners
- capable of English writing
- active Luban/other 3DP/Laser/CNC software users
How many people are recruited into the program?
10 members for the trial
How to sign up?
Send your name and email address to email@example.com and you will be included in the Snapmaker Luban Beta Program database. More details will be finalized and released later via email in January 2022 after your enrollment. Stay tuned!