Adding Windows fonts to Snapmaker Luban

When creating text in Snapmaker Luban, there’s a small choice of fonts and an “Add Fonts” option. This opens a dialog, asking for files. There are a lot of fonts on the computer, but how do I add one of them? Just going to c:\Windows\Fonts doesn’t work.

Maybe not the answer you’re looking for, but I layout my text in Inkscape, then do a path->object to path. This converts the text to shapes and Luban doesn’t need to be aware of the fonts.

1 Like

This feature seems to have gone missing in recent versions of luban
I can’t find another way to install new fonts at the moment

I guess in the latest or the update ago, luban adds the windows fonts automatically.
I don’t know if it adds also special fonts, you had installed before.
Have you installed the latest luban from the forum?

I’ve installed the latest release from the snapmaker website: 3.10.2
I’ve just checked, it reads the fonts from windows system fonts

so to add new fonts you would install them there through:
control panel > appearance and personalisation > fonts

Problem solved

1 Like

I must be missing something. I’m looking for additional fonts (meaning ~any~ fonts other than the default) for laser engraving. Using 3.11 on Windows 7 with 64bit Luban. It did not add any Windows fonts & there’s no obvious option to do so manually. I tried this also on 3.10.2.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thnaks.

My solution was to copy fonts from the Windows fonts directory to another directory, and then I was able to add them. I haven’t yet tried the latest version to see if it can work directly with the fonts directory.

Thank you for your reply. I tried copying a few fonts to the Luban program files directory since there’s a single font already there but nothing changed. I also looked through the registry for clues - no luck there. I’ll keep at it.

[Edit] Luban apparently stores its fonts in the Windows %APPDATA% folder (The users application data folder) along with lots of other things. For whatever reason, it’s not finding them.

The ability to use different Windows fonts seems to be present in 3.12.0 beta 3.

4.1.4 - Just found that there are quite few fonts being cropped when selecting them (using 10W laser version) in the editor. went to the fonts folder of Snapmaker, the folder only shows a hand full of files. I converted MS ttf files to Moff files and put them into the same folder, made no difference. There has to be some kind fix to changing where the application gets/looks for it’s font files… Snapmaker, if its not broke, don’t fix it. Is there a way to fix this?