3DP Part Cooling Fan 5015 Replacement for Gen 1 extruder

I can measure 140 mA at 24 V what do you think about?

The fan is rated at .15A so that sounds about right to me, mine would also be at that value approximately. can you please try to make sure you follow the steps i tried to generate and share the results

Have figured out the issue: I use a 12V Powersupply to test it, and it worked.
Then I am going up to 24 V and the fan stops - I think it is a 12V fan in and has a wrong label on it. Crazy it stops exactly on 24V!!!

1 Like

haha that is really weird man… i guess anythings possible eh

did your box come with 2 fan? mine did, try the other?

No it does not come with an ohter but last week I orderd 2 fans. Hope their right this time

1 Like

i wonder if you were to run it at partial power instead of full power if it would work? like 75% or 50%

just while you wait.

That’s strange.
Are you sure polarity is right?
-S

@sdj544 Yes I am, testet with extern power, it starts to turn at 7V and goes up to 24V and what i said the fan stops exacty at this point! :rofl: And switch polarity and the fan even spinns up.

I belive 10mm will work well :slight_smile:

Has anyone printed this BEAST?

not yet

i was thinking about it but i prefer the side plate i came up with a bit over that one, not that that one is bad, but its just really wide open.

i might do it anyhow

what i would like to do, when feeling a bit more ambitious, is make it a two piece system that you screw together so it mounts from the side plate but the side plate holds the front panel on so its easier to print.

i would imagine if i dig the editable object file is floating around for the front part so i dont have to screw around with the mesh.

thats kind of a challenge for me but i think its one i could figure out.

1 Like

I have, scale it to 10% or 0.1 and it’ll fit

@Flamgaard In witch position did you print it?
And what material and settings do you use?
0,08 0,12 0,16 or what layerheight?
What speed do you use etc.
Tell us more please I like it

And have you infos to snapmaker 5.0 because the dimensions? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I printed it on the attachment side with supports at 0.16mm layer height.

Did mine in PETG with hotend @ 230/225 and bed @60.
50mm/s speed.

And yeah, it’s sized for the snappy XL 3500 with a build volime of 3200x3500x3300… meters I guess :rofl::joy::rofl: looking forward to print my next car in a single piece :thinking:

It need scaling to 10% or 0.1

1 Like

you got a picture id love to see it

Yeah, lets see your masterpiece lol

HOOOORRRAAYYYY!!!
my fan is running now. i have reduced the voltage to 21V and now it spins and spins and spins and spins…

2 Likes

Attached to my printhead :grin:

Cooling at 25% for petg for propernadhesion, seems to fail if set to 30% ir higher :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Thank you.

If the fan is not operating above 30 percent it seems that there is probably something wrong with it.

I could see a fan not operating UNDER 30 percent, not having enough juice to get moving. some slicers let you blip 100% power to get it rolling then cut it down.

Its odd that you have this issue and stefix also has to watch his high level. I wonder if the both of you got the same brand fan?

the placement of your chute is different than mine. Curious.

I need to take a good hard look at mine. Its not working very well in terms of helping with bridging anymore, and im not sure why. maybe it melted a bit.

The fan is simply quite a bit more powerful than the stock fan, which couldn’t provide enough cooling for proper overhangs. For PLA I go as high as 50% on the fan and get decent results.