Top Surface Ugly

Hey all, I’m having an interesting problem and I’m not sure what’s what. My top surface for these prints almost look like they are low resolution and marred. I’m not entirely sure why. I’m using Cura ATM and the entire print turns out really well at 0.12mm, save for the top. I’m currently messing with every top setting I can find, including ironing, but if anyone can recognize the issue and save me some material I would be most appreciated!

When you look at the bracer, there’s a center line that’s dull and blocky. That’s what I’m trying to correct.

Maybe check yout this thread? Form the smal things on the Surface, you might getting overextrusion which over time presses out tomuch filament and leaves this “worms” Extruder Calibration a must

Looks to me like you might have a little moisture in your filament. This is a very common problem.

You can bake it in your oven or get a food dehydrator. Almost every spool I open needs baked a bit…

@Streupfeffer If your talking about the e-steps I did do that…but I’m reading that each filament is different on that thread, so maybe I should give it another go-whirl since I’m using a different spool. Thank you for your reminding me!

@MooseJuice I’ve actually never done that…but it’s a good point. I think there may be a bit of moisture in my home. I’ll take a look at some guides and guess I’ll be cooking with filament! Thank you for the suggestion.

i have to dehydrate nearly every spool. some of them are worse than others, but it ALWAYS improves the quality. even fresh out of a vacuum sealed bag.

@MooseJuice @Streupfeffer, of all the things…it was printing at a lower speed that seemed to be causing it. I noticed it on another print and it was a definite line. I checked out my top layer settings and started changing them one by one, when I got to speed it was gone. Kinda weird how printing slower would make it worse in quality though.

interesting. i suspect its probably other issues working together and getting it faster was just able to hide it.

its really hard to say - there are so many variables…

perhaps the nozzle itself was melting the top plastic a bit so speeding it up allowed it to lay filament without doing so.