Snapmaker J1 Linear Bearings Z-Binding Issues

Ask me again in some days to weeks, depending on how much time I have to work on that printer :sweat_smile:

At the moment, I am in the process of fine-tuning my print settings (bye Snapmaker controller and Android display, bye postprocessing and uploading skripts - welcome back Duet controller and PanelDue, welcome configurability, expandability and decent web interface - I sorely missed you :smiling_imp:). But the average temp tower does not have that much chances to present a lot of z binding artefacts.

But judging from my previous experience with such a z axis design and from the difference in the location of the hex nuts, I do expect an improvement. Let’s see how it turns out…

@RalosZk now that I do not have to test hotends, I can spend the time with disassembling my J1. :smirk:
I plan to remove the z bearings, properly grease them and align the z rods.
The disassembly guide you’ve posted doesn’t include the final steps to remove the bearings. How did you proceed after step 8? Removed the 4 screws on top of the bearing to release it from the printbed? Then lift up the top frame enough to pull out the rod with the bearing?
Are there balls in the bearing that might fall out when I remove it from the rod?

Btw. the anti backlash nut on my z leadscrew is very stiff. Was it the same on yours?