SM2 Bed Leveling 101

I see. I havent even looked at that yet, so that could be.

Hey @ITmaze - since you’ll be unboxing soon can you keep an eye out for what is mentioned above? A small note describing the platforms?

Have you received your replacement yet?

It true I had a sheet that means the above about the laserplattform

I have the platform (the thing directly connected to the y-axes) shown in the pictures of the manual. Thats also why I have thrown the note away. It looks like in the pictures of brents post with the support information.
The other one looked more massive. It was definitly not the laser thing… here I even wondered that it was something diverent then in the manual because it was the first tool I tested.

You can find the new platform also in the new manual (V.1.3.0):

Vs. the “old” one:

Also was wondering if the new type is better…

1 Like

That’s the one I meant. I still have the old one.

That new one looks like it would be a little better with more supports to prevent warping, yeah.

Wonder if existing owners will get some sort of discount to ‘upgrade’ to the new (fixed) platform

1 Like

Good Idea but i think they wont do this, but they can teach me of the oposite.

Well, they are also making upgraded more quiet linear modules too.

I would be willing to pay for a new platform and modules, but I expect a reasonable discount for them.

Something tells me they wont release the linear modules until one year after the last batch of kickstarter / early orders goes by so they dont have 8000 units of people trying to get their modules replaced under a warranty argument.

Can these scripts be executed from the OctoPrint Terminal?

The new one will be better as even the first one they are now machining so its flatter. You would guess that the new platform would also be machined level as well.

Yeah I guess so but I’d expect the fact that the are now machining the surfaces being the bigger improvement compared to the layout change. My A350 still has the platform with “old” layout but has already the machined surface. So far I only used it for smaller prints but the numbers of autocalibration don’t look too bad (at least compared to my Anycubic i3 Mega… :roll_eyes:).

My new machined bed has one that needs a couple of layers of copper tape to raise it.

I’ve been reading these threads and inconclusively finding a definitive guide to solving the bed levelling problem, or have I missed something? I just received my SM-A350 and have been unsuccessful printing outside of the centre area of the platform, basically same print area of my SM-Original. not exactly why I bought the larger machine. The machine arrived on the 24th of Dec so I did not pay any attention to it for a couple of days. It set up easy and I have had some successful prints from it. more unsuccessful due to initial layer failures.
Has anybody got suggestions for a beginner using Luban that will offer a glimmer of hope? I have time to play with it I just fear following a lead down some bottomless rabbit hole.

Thanks for your help,

What a bummer… Then I shouldn’t have too high hopes for my platform either… :neutral_face:

My bed is now 0.8mm out.

image.png

How did you measure you bed, i.e. cold or hot, which grid (5x5 or more)?
With a cold bed and 5x5 grid I get a delta of ~0,27mm but I guess I should take a closer look at it once I start using it more frequently…

I measured it hot 60, and then used the octoprint plugin to visualize it.

I had my old bed shimmed better that the new one.