Quick 'throw-on' covers to fit A250 enclosures?

Looking at the poor protection the official enclosure provides for laser usage, I was thinking of finding or making something that I can just throw over the enclosure that just blocks all light from the whole thing whilst in use.

It’s in a corner of the room with the back and left side against walls so I just need something that could cover the top, front and right side (basically the top and two door sides) but that when not being used can fold flat and be easily stored somewhere.

Think 3 sheets of MDF joined with hinges but far thinner and more compact. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Could you just pull the machine away from the wall slightly then throw a blanket over it?

1 Like

That is an option I’d thought of. But I’m guessing a traditional blanket (rather than a reflective heat sheet type thing) would still let some light through? Better than nothing I guess though.

I use some dry erase boards I found at Lowes.

I cut them to size. When I’m working in the garage while the laser is running I prop them up against the two sides that are exposed.
Cheap and easy.
-S

1 Like

I’ve just ordered this anti-UV BBQ cover which, once cut down to the right length, is the perfect size to slot over the A250 enclosure with the extra bits I’ve got attached to the sides:

I’m hoping that, the protection of the enclosure walls, plus this material, should be enough to safely work in the room with the machine running.