Please give us the 11 x 11 bed calibration with heated bed!

A bit of an update on my 11x11 experience - I today started a large print that fills ~80% of the bed, and I did a cold 11x11 calibration of the bed before (@20°C bed temperature). This works nearly fine! The bottom ~1 cm of the print bed were too low and the print did not stick there, but adding pieces of cardboard between the bed and the frame for the front three bed screws was a quick fix to that (if not a sustainable one…). Now here’s a bit of first layer p*rn, bed at 60°C:

And this is my bed vizualisation (it is really a bad, bumpy bed!):

My conclusions:
a) 11x11 is good enough for my awfully bumpy bed, and the printer does a good job to compensate
b) Heated bed calibration not needed for me (the problem with the bottom centimetre would not have been fixed by this: this part of the bed is just not properly covered by the calibration).
c) I still need to do something about my bed - the first centimetre problem is real.

2 Likes

Looks like that as of official firmware release 1.15.12, it is possible to do the 11x11 calibration grid with the bed heated the entire time. It does still require manual G-code input through the command console though - still not available on the touchscreen - and the heat must be turned on before beginning the calibration sequence. Seems the custom edited firmware to achieve this is no longer needed.

I did confirm that firmware v1.14.3 and prior does not allow for the 11x11 auto-cal heated; it will turn off the heat as soon as the calibration procedure begins.

2 Likes

does this work now? i did a M190 S60, then G1029 P11 and then G1029 A. the automated leveling begins, but the bed doesnt stay heated and resets to 0. any help?
thanks!

It does for me.

strange. ive done it two times. 1st time with setting temp via luban and 2ed time with M190. both times it reset the temp to 0 after entering G1029 A

What machine do you have?
What firmware version are you running?
What Luban version are you using?

1 Like

the machines firmware was the problem. now it seems to work. thanks for the hint!

1 Like

Yes, as mentioned in one of my previous comments, firmware must be 1.15.12 or newer.