Odd extra toolpaths in Luban 4.5.0

I’m seeing some weird extra toolpaths in Luban 4.5.0 when 3D printing tall narrow objects. The stand in the screen shot below is 10mm diameter. The excess toolpaths can be seen in light blue.

I loaded the same STL into Luban 3.1.52 and these extra toolpaths are not generated, I don’t see them in Cura or Simplify3D.

Luban has served me well enough so far, but this issue is really bugging me, the prints come out awful with lots of extra bits of filament hanging off these toolpaths.

I’ve tried changing as many settings as I feel are possibly relevant, but I’m getting nowhere, any suggestions would be welcome.

This could be a cooling solution because of too fast layer times :thinking:.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried knocking the speed down to 20 mm/s and it still shows the same odd travel paths.
I feel it’s probably a bug in Luban 4.5.0/1 as it wasn’t there in 3.1.52, I can’t test 4.4 because it always says that the model is too small regardless of the model size!

Check the settings below, for each type of filament - if the layer is printed faster than the set minimum layer time, the printhead moves to the side and waits there until the end of this time. Then it resumes printing the next layer.

Note that in your simulation this only occurs for very short layer paths that are printed quickly.

Thank you so much, that is the culprit!
I’ll do a test now to see if the part will print successfully with a reduced figure, it was set to 10 seconds, changing it to 5 has removed most of the excess tool path travel.

1 Like