M92 X160 Y160 or X400 Y400

I have some question. Printer is running good. Wanted to change a bit XY under M92 because my xzy Cube has 20.20mm I wanted to change this. There for i checked with M503 my Settings. And found M92 X160 Y160 Z400 E212

Why does X Y have just 160 Steps? I have the A350T is there XY different?

Any post I read is X400 Y400 and Z400.

Can someone explain to me why I have 160?

Please excuse my English, I wrote it quick on my mobilphone without Google :wink:

Yes

Before you make changes to this value, are all other parameters dialed in correctly? (and in particular the e-steps.

And if you print a 30mm cube, is it 30.3mm or 30.20? If it’s the latter, then the XY-steps aren’t your problem to begin with.

thanks for the quick help. the exact dimension was not 20.2 for all axes. The results are between 19.99 and 20.25. But I will test that with the 30mm cube whether the deviations in relation remain the same. thats a nice hint.
It was important to me why there are only 160 at X and Y. But I got the information why. It’s all OK. thank you

It’s not supported, here’s the developer commenting on it. In short, the M92 values are set on bootup when read from the linear modules.

E212 is usually way off. I would calibrate that first. Plus you never adjust x, y, or z steps based on a printed cube. you measure the actual travel of the axis. It’s very simple to do of you have a digital or dial caliper.
John

I saw a technique to do x and y using just a pen in a holder.
Basic version was draw a line of 100mm and measure with ruler or caliper.

But i can’t now find the link to it. will keep looking.

1 Like

Be mindful of backlash or you’re guaranteed to measure wrong. Cue it up in the direction of travel. Although the backlash “should” be negotiable if everything else is functional. If it’s like my X axis was with 0.12mm of backlash then that would significantly throw off the measurement.

indeed, with the new rails i will have to redo backlash, havent done it yet

I do not have the Information, could you please share with me?