Is M600 (Filament Change) Available on the Snapmaker

Did you try the color change G-Code?

I haven’t learn G-Code yet, but I would be comfortable editing a file to insert additional commands. If you work out a good system, can you post your G-Code here? That might be the incentive I need to learn it.

1 Like

Was able to get a list from Snapmaker on which G/M codes were activated from the Marlin list and I might be able to make it work but doubt it will work with SnapmakerJS it will have to be run thru Cura or Simplify3d. Working on it this weekend.

1 Like

Hi, did this topic end here? How did it go enlightenonq?

It´s not implemented like it should.- octoprint might be able to do so with a special plugin for bad implemented M600, but haven´t tested yet.

Thank you. Yes I just tried it and did not work.

Sorry for the late reply.
M600 is not enabled.

Here is a gcode.cpp code for your referencegcode.zip (9.9 KB)
Bright yellow characters are supported, dark yellow characters are not supported at this time.

Hey @Edwin, would the M600 command released in the future?

1 Like

Thank you Edwin. Any other command that you know could create the pause and then a way to resume printing?

Regards,

JES

1 Like

Hi @jesuza,

I am sorry that Snapmaker Luban does not support any G-code commands with pause and resume.
You can stop or pause the print in the console of Luban.

Best regards

Hey @Edwin,
if we print and pause from luban (pause buttons are also on the touchscreen, wondering why you show this as solution), we need filament-runout-protection also for external, not only for the touchscreen, please!

FIRMWARE REQUEST
Pause and Resume over gcode
Filament-Runout not only for touchscreen (for example needed for octoprint, luban, …)

And please 701/702 as well, to be able to change the filament in octoprint (with the simple filament change plugin).

A lot has moved forward in the last few months. Has any movement happened on this Stop/Pause for filament change angle?

no

hasn’t been a firmware update.

-S

Did you manage to do the filament change. If so I urgently would appreciate your support!!

No was not completed.

Carl E. Ondraka

I really need it and cant understand why it is not possible with Snapmaker. Every cheap machine is able to support this function

Most snapmaker users are hitting pause swapping material and resuming.

Carl E. Ondraka

It is possible

(not sure if you print from Luban, but it does when running from the touchscreen)
And your firmware must be up to date

2 Likes

Have you tried it yourself already, as i have tried this already as well! Without success. So i want to have a gcode which anyone else has tried and it worked so i know the problem is not on the gcode file but on the printer itself!!

What firmware version are you on? How are you running the job, what does your gcode look like?

You are really good at not providing any information in your posts

1 Like