I have problems with correct leveling

Hello,
my name is Josef and I come from Germany. I bought a Snapmaker 2 A350 in June. I still have some trouble with the correct leveling, but I dont know, do I have to go with the nozzle closer to the bed ore am I to close?

I ad a picture of the first layer of a testprint.

Thanks for any help.
JJ.

20210813_191627|281x500

You’re too close. Those ridges are caused by the material being pressed out the sides.

Teaching tech has the best depiction of first layers that I’ve seen (from https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#firstlayer ).

I recommend limiting your print to just the center square, and print a few of these in succession, raising or lowering the nozzle by 0.01mm for each print, until you see the optimal first-layer height. It’s fast and does not waste a lot of filament. If you continue past the optimal setting until it starts to look wrong (too high or too low, according to that image), you’ll have the range of values for your Z offset. You can then apply a value in the middle of the range using the touchscreen on your next print, and it will stick (the setting … and the print). So if you find that +0.02, +0.03, and +0.04 give good results, you would use +0.03 in the touchscreen.

Out of curiosity, did you calibrate your z offset with the tape in place, or did you apply the tape afterwards? If you applied it afterwards, you need to adjust your z offset in your slicer.

@BluegrassBlaster

I calibrated the t offset with the tape, when I printed with tape, and of course I calbrated it again thiout the tape, when I printed wihtout tape.

I tried it today with a lager z offset. 80% - 90% looks good, 10% seems to be to far away an 10% to close.

@edf
I will try tomorrow your hints und suggestions, thganks for the links.

My z-offset ist about 5.8mm to 5.9 mm isn´t that to mouch?

Well… defining as Z-offset distance from tip of nozzle to build plate, with th e calibration card ends up at .1mm.

most of the time an additional offset from that point of .05 to .1 is good.

you have to watch the lines to see how they look as they print. some materials end up needing a different offset than others.

sometimes it may need to be more or less, but definately not 6 mm :smiley:

Hm,

I mean I have to go dow about 5.8mm to 5.9mm to leave a gap about 0.05mm to 0.1mm.

You’re referring to how much you have to lower the nozzle at the final step of caibration, correct?

5mm is a bit much but probably not in broken territory. The proximity sensor is 1mm higher than the nozzle, and it probably adds a hefty margin to that during calibration so as not to crash into the bed. It is possible your proximity sensor is a bit low, and you can adjust that though it is a bit awkward:

Adjusting the proximity sensor

The simple way to check: when your nozzle is calibrated to be at print-height, slide a credit card (or anything else roughly 1mm in height; I often use a 6" engineer’s rule) under the print head. it should touch the side of the nozzle but be under the proximity sensor. If there is a large gap (half a millimeter or more) between the card and the proximity sensor the sensor is too high; if the rule won’t go under the proximity sensor, then the sensor is too low.

I wouldn’t worry too much about this though, sounds like it isn’t causing any problems.

Thanks to everybody, I tried some tips and suggestions, my leveling looks very good now.