Hot end blower diference

Hello, can someone explain to me why my hotend blower is not the same as this one?
My printer is an F350 purchased in November last.
Captura de ecrã 2023-02-18 191727
Captura de ecrã 2023-02-18 192311
mine is like this:

It was a revision they made to the 3d printing module. The newer one has an intake vent on the front now that feeds into the left side instead of just redirecting some air from the side heatsink fan. Supposed to be for better cooling.

And can it be replaced?

They are interchangeable, though Snapmaker now only sells the newer model. Looking at your photo, you already have the newer model.

Mine is this. I dont think this is the new one.

IF in fact mine is the new one, I would prefer the old one. I’m sure it would be more efficient.

I’m sure yours is the new one. I upgraded from the old one to the new one and in my experience the new one is a bit better.

Regardless, you could try to find a second hand “older” module, or you could improve your current one (I personally have this mod and I can recommend it).

Thanks, I will try…

Did you notice any improvements in overhangs with this mod?

Yes, overhangs are much nicer now! Don’t have any comparison pictures unfortunately.

I also got the new Module. It helped me to replace the fan by a Mosquito Fan from Slice engineering. This one brings more air due to higher RPM (but also more noise). You just need to swap the Plug

Overhangs on PLA got a lot better and I don’t need to mod it in non OEM ways.

1 Like