For all who want level on glass

@imD I dont know how they called in English but here is a Amazon.nl (dutch) link:

LINK

1 Like

same here, i have no clue what they are named in english, but it is called “schnellhefter” in german 
 you use them to bundle together sheets of paper like in a file/folder 
 i took it from one of those (was laying around).

The older versions have metal strips, newer ones are using plastic instead 
 below some with metal 
 should be really cheap 

ELBA Heftstreifen, 35 x 150 mm, PP, grau: Amazon.de: Elektronik

or here just the metal strips 
 100 for 13 €
ELBA 100420792 Deckleisten fĂŒr Schnellhefter aus Metall messingfarben lackiert 100 StĂŒck Streifen Abheftvorrichtung Abheft-Zunge: Amazon.de: BĂŒrobedarf & Schreibwaren

Thanks @ilyad and @kopfkraft. I found a sheet of brass locally where I am at 0.25mm. I will just buy that and cut it out, just wanted to make sure. I printed the FiFix before it was taken down, never used it as I thought I would wait for the updated version, however I need something asap so I can fine tune the SM on glass. Im really inconsistent with manual.

@kopfkraft I just printed and used your design, worked as expected. needed some tweaking mainly from the materials I used. But excelent bed level now. I can’t wait for your revised bed leveling @stefix as for now I have to make my arm sore to hold my clip while it levels but it beats manual leveling.

1 Like

Theres a ‘404’ error with the link at the start of this thread.

1 Like

Stefix wheres that 2.0 at mang lets do this!

I got a revised 3dp module in my hands now and wana change out!

@MooseJuice Have frozen it at the moment, do bigger work to my SM. When its done (think next week) I will play with it again. Sorry but its a LOT of work. :muscle: Have had not even time to test my revised
3D printhead

ok :smiley: no problem mate

@MooseJuice I will upgrade it to something like SM2.5 :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I am going to stop by local shop that carries the thin metal strips for RC modeling. Please provide information on those tweaks you incorporated. Thanks much.

Larry

you can probably just use aluminum foil wrapped around something even.

Had a thought
Add a small ledge under the vertical plane, that when installed, fits sug up against the housing. Under that ledge, add a small ball that will capture the end of the spring.

Hey, I’m interested in this. Can I get the password to the Zip file?

EDIT: Thanks for sending me PM with password.

OK, I’ve read through this whole thread. However, I still don’t understand exactly how this works and what’s supposed to be happening, perhaps because whatever instructions were originally on Thingiverse were gone before I got here.

What’s with the “gear shift” looking handle sticking out of the side of it?

And is it simply supposed to position a strip of metal under the existing factory-installed sensor?

Thanks for any and all advice and clarity.

Somehow I dont like people who crack other persons passwords and think it was a great work :poop:

3 Likes

Hi Doug, The handle will not working properly, I use a srew instead.Its to move the metallplate away from the sensor and up to be over the nozzle.

Yes thats exactly what it is doing.

1 Like

OK, got it. Thank you.

@skyguy94 - Please take note of this from the author/designer (emphasis added):

Stefix also replied with displeasure at you having cracked and publicly revealed that password.

The decent thing for you to do would be to edit your post and remove the password. And issue an apology.

@stefix - Stefan, please forgive me for requesting the password here instead of by private message. I just was not paying close enough attention. And thank you for sending it via PM.