Emergency Stop Button - not yet available? Any way to add one of our own?

I’m trying to order the Emergency Stop Button, but I cannot find a listing for it on Snapmaker’s products website. (I don’t want to order the rotary tool attachment, just the Emergency Stop Button.) It seems it’s not yet available.

Is there any chance of being able to add one on our own? Preferably without voiding warranty?

It appears to be a “size” option of the rotary module.

Sure, it’s possible to make your own. Not easy though.

I’m reading it as there is no way to order the stop button by itself, only bundled with the rotary tool.

Is that how you’re seeing it?

No, the first image pretty clearly shows you can order it by itself, although I haven’t checked the website to see if that’s changed.

OK, thanks. I was reading it as there is no way to order the stop button by itself, only bundled with the rotary tool. After looking at the screen shot you sent, I’m seeing it differently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, I have that going for me because I didn’t read it LMAO. I just look at the pretty pictures.

I went ahead and placed a “preorder” for it.

I could not seem to find a link to order it on their website.

I had go into my email history to get a “buy now” link to order it.

Snapmaker 2.0 Rotary Module
A350/A250/A150 Emergency Stop Button — 1 — $59.00

Subtotal $59.00
International Shipping $9.98
Total (USD) $68.98

Also note: “Your order will be shipped in May, 2021.”

@DougJoseph

I just added an emergency stop button in the lead to the power supply, shuts everything down instantly.

3 Likes

You can always add something like this cheap:

I just added a switch inline with my power cord. Not as pretty but does the trick and since I have my power supply mounted under my bench I don’t have to fumble to try and find it normally.
-S

3 Likes

Does the new stop button act similar to pause allowing a continue, just stop the activity or shut everything completely?

Unknown at this point.
-S