Advice on printerbed adhesion

I don’t know how well it shows in the picture, but I can see my print is lifting from the printerbed while it’s printing.

Any advice for preventing this from happening?

What type of filament?
What are your print and bed temps?
What is your part cooling fan % set to in the slicer?
What are your print speeds?
Are you using an enclosure?
If not, is the printer located in an area with lots of air drafts?

1 Like

Thank you for replying.

What type of filament?
Black PLA

What are your print and bed temps?

• Nozzle: 205c
  • Bed: 50c

What is your part cooling fan % set to in the slicer?

• 100% (Default)

What are your print speeds?

• 60 mm/s

Are you using an enclosure?

• I am not.

If not, is the printer located in an area with lots of air drafts?

• it is not.

The only time I’ve had issues like that, I had a dusty bed. I’d get decent adhesion on the first layer because part of the bed was clean enough, and the rest of the print stuck to that. But then the dirty part of the bed would lift. I eventually figured out it was dirty because ~2 prints failed in a row, then the 3rd print was fine.

I cleaned the bed by printing a thin calibration sheet across the whole bed. Now I keep my bed covered (no enclosure).

1 Like

Different YouTubers recommend using a glue stick on the printing bed.

It seems to do the trick so far…

Bed leveling, print speed and (bed)-temperature or dust as clewis wrote could mainly affect adhesion.
Uhustick is a good solution, but you should not need this while “only” printing pla.

Did you level hot with 5x5 grid calibration?
If yes, i suggest to print with 60-65°C bed temperature.

Show a picture of the ground of your first layer here, pls.
Try cleaning the bed-sheet with isopropyl alcohol or something different.
Try a different z-offset, nearer to the bed.

1 Like

Hello,
my experience with UHU glue stick is not so good. I have several printers and Uhu tended to take care of clogged nozzles for me. If anything, I use hairspray. And since the cheapest I can find. Or an adhesive spray for 3D printing from the shop.

Never used any extra adhesion aid with default bed. Just keep it clean, I mean Clean. And get the calibration correct.
Pla at 60deg bed temp - works great.

1 Like

Bed temps too high. Nozzle temp to high. Z offset isn’t correct.

I use 200/65 for pla. It’s probably your z offset.

Clean with IPA and haven’t had issues as long as i have level bed and z height correct.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies everyone, I am happy to report that glue stick worked well.

At a later point I might look into calibrating this further, but for now I have work I need to get done