A350 - printing on glass

Could one side of the glass be sprayed with copper conductive paint?

or Electroplated?

Sick of the bed leveling issues, so I went looking for glass. I found this one on Amazon. Looks right, but I’m not an expert on such things. Can someone else weigh in please? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XNDYR81/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A36KNDPALTN82Y&psc=1

2 Likes

That’s a new product, looks great. Wasn’t available when I bought mine, dangit.

Yeah, I had a local glass company cut mine, cost about the same as that too. Go for it.

Boroscilicate should last longer as it is more resistant to temperature shock but it will also cost much more than regular float glass used in picture frames.

I use 3mm float glass and it cost me £6 ($8) per sheet cut to size with polished edges from a local shop so I just grabbed 4. In 8 months of printing on glass I have yet to need to replace one but YMMV.

Thanks guys, I ordered it last night we’ll see how it turns out

I just received the glass plate i linked above. It fits the bed -perfectly-. However, it didn’t come with clips, leaving me scrambling to figure out a way to make sure it stays in place. Maybe print a clip in resin?
Should I apply anything to help with heat transfer?

hello,

you can try these:

@MooseJuice what size screws/nuts did you use for that? I’ll need to pick some up. You said on thingiverse that you’ve found the longer ones to be better. Is that still the case? What placement are you using for them?

I kinda use some long and some small… i think you can get away with what you want to here and i was just using what i had printed out from playing already. You definitely want a small one next to the heater cable up there though.

The length of screw will vary based on what you have on your bed, but M6 is the sizing.

I have them laid out like this:

In these spots, the fifix doesnt crash, and the nozzle doesnt push on the clip during calibration, and the screen doesnt get bumped either.

Its a shame the fifix isnt on thingiverse anymore. I guess maybe someone can go through stefix’s fusion files he shared and post it in his honor? I believe he had revised it but not shared the revision yet. It looked better on the A351 post he made.

When I say post in his honor, i mean… really post it in his honor, not just post it and pretend like you made it. stefix did an amazing job on his mods and deserves eternal recognition. i will miss his sassy attitude and German innovation.

3 Likes

In a pinch, I use regular binder clips and then squeeze to remove the wire handles. But the better solution is Swiss clip. Google “Swiss clip 3D printer” to find a place you prefer to purchase, but e.g.

1 Like

I thought about these, too. But do they work with the other type of platform?

They clip to the heated bed, not the webbed platform

I designed something similar, but stopped using it after thinking about the screws digging into the underside of the heater

I am also using Swiss Clips, but much cheaper from Amazon

They are working well, you can use quite a few because the footprint on the build surface is quite small

To each their own :smiley:
I wanted to try to make my own parts as much as I could.

Yea, I saw the FiFix in his A351 files and was so happy I could maybe have a chance of printing now regardless of the sad news. IDK if we should reshare it though, I feel he’d get a giggle out of requiring people to dig through his file to find it :slight_smile:

lol that is true actually

The big ones do ot work with the revised platform. Tested it today. They are too long. Use the 26*14mm swiss clips

Since he posted the files here i have downloaded them, but obviously they are password protected. Can someone DM me the password? i have no intention of posting the files, nor would i have the knowhow. Just want to be able to print on a glass bed!