My Videogame Inspired Christmas Music Box

Does anyone remember going to their local mall in the 90’s and early 2000’s and seeing a “Babbage’s” Videogame store? I personally had fond memories going to the store as a kid looking at all the new games and consoles, dreaming that one day Santa (or my parents) would gift me either a N64, Sega Saturn or a PlayStation. This music box is double the width of the Halloween bedroom music box I showed off in late October and features a total of 4 miniature TVs each displaying their own content. As a reference to size a U.S. quarter’s diameter is about the height and width of one of these TVs so they’re fairly small.

Two of the TVs are used in a console kiosk displaying videogames actually played and recorded by me, the other two TVs (one on the wall and the other on the ground near the front window) display various videogame trailers and commercials of that era. Of course, like my previous music boxes this one plays Lo-fi music, however all music in this particular music box is Christmas or Winter themed.

Enjoy these photos that I took today, expect a short video to follow a couple of days later. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year to all.

Music Box Off:

Music Box On

8 Likes

So cool, love your miniatures :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

As promised here’s a short video of the music box.

2 Likes

This is so wonderful!

1 Like