Laser: True grayscale instead of dithering?

Hello @Galduron: There is a vast array of choice for controlling the laser. Much of it is available via Github for open source stuff and Grbl control. It has to depend on what your future needs are likely to be. If you want to do any sort of production work, then open source may not offer the best solutions, purely because response times to problems can vary widely.

Production capable software will require a fee but it will usually have a GUI that is less clunky and the response to issues is good. As an example, I have been testing Lightburn and putting it through its paces. The interface is clean and logical and the developers are very responsive. There are two of them and they have two admin assistants. The forum they run has over 7,000 members.

The software is around £31 for a year from the UK. It is highly capable and can run CO2 or Diode lasers and I do believe that fibre lasers is on the to do list. The developers are very knowledgeable and friendly. I have recently started to look at it in relation to SM1. You may find this link helpful.