How to maintain the snapmaker in perfect condition?

is there another type or brand which is ok?
(the nigi FG-107m is acutally not available)
Silicon or silicon free?

this was ‘box fresh’ I had assumed everything should be ready to go from the spares pile. I have cleaned up the nozzle and attempted to reuse but it is still leaking under pressure.

I have contacted support and have some replacements on the way.

Could you please tell me which agent replied to your ticket? Or did your issue get resolved now?

@Mr_Fen

Several simple questions for you.

• Is this thing the white filament?

• Is this the black filament?

• Does this issue happen when you used the hot end for the first time?

Looking forward to your reply.

I was using black filament for a couple of prints and then swapped it to white. When I noticed the white coming out around the nozzle I pulled the hot end out and spotted the black had oozed out the top.

‘Potter’ has been working on the ticket for me.

I found this on Amazon. Molykote EM 30L grease. It’s a DOW PAO grease for plastics. Gunna order some to have on hand.

4 Likes

that is not normal…

is there an alternative to this article, the indicated article is not available in europe (the netherlands).

Sincerely
Fer

@Fervanhuis , i guess this is what you are looking for:

i´m searching for some grease, too (germany)
Any suggestions?

What about this?

1 Like

Yes thats fine. White lithium grease is what you want.

I have some black stripes on my linear modules as well and I have zero idea what it is and what to do about it.

It is normal with the black stripes when you use the machine for a long time. You can clean it with some rags.

Edwin

The module cover strip goes through two black plastic guides under the carriage brackets, which is where the black streaks are coming from. Just discovered this after a small teardown of a few linear modules. :blush:

What about lubrication of the dust cover rail? Even with vacuuming I got dust that stuck to the metal strip on the linear rail. Now that is mixing with grease. How do I best clean that dust off? and should I apply another lubricant there? The video was very informative. I have not used the Machine as much as I would like and want to maintain good working conditions.

I’ve got the same question. Tough I do not use the A350T a lot because I only have access at the weekends I think the sounds changed over the last half year. I hope that it is just the lubriation of the dustcovers that decreases with every cleaning with a towel.