Bed Leveling - Revisited & Detailed

Shimming is just mechanically adjusting the system by placing material under the heated bed above the frame.

Find a low spot, measure the height needed to adjust, place item of equal thickness under the bed above the bolt location. Its a try, measure, adjust, measure, try, measure… Repeating cycle.

Thank you, this was incredibly good work and I learned a great deal about many things. This is awesome.

1 Like

[quote=“Jim3, post:20, topic:30508”]
HI Mxbrnr
Thank you for the incredibly informative and in depth write up of bed levelling on the A350. You mention that you used a capacitance probe for the glass bed. Could you please let me know which one you used.
Cheers
Roger

That mod is discussed more in detail here, including the parts used…

Hi Mxbrnr,
Thank you. Much appreciated.

i did a M190 S60 for bed temp 60, then G1029 P11 and then G1029 A. the automated leveling begins, but the bed doesnt stay heated and resets to 0. any help?
thanks!

THis was fixed in later version of firmware

You are correct, must be firmware 1.15.x or newer

Setting myself up for adventure here :slight_smile: Started to get bad first layer in some areas.
run auto leveling with 11x11 with the print sheet I use all the time and then replaced the sheet with new.

Old sheet ^

New sheet ^

Update
(5x5 mesh) + used snapmaker printing sheet and some HVAC tape.
After spending half a day cutting up HVAC tape to squares (0.07mm thick) and applying in to the the platform I got to this.

Thank you for the writeup @Mxbrnr. I’m going to leave it like this until I get my G10 surface.

1 Like

Wow! A delta of only 0.086mm, basically the same as the smallest layer height you can print with the SM (0.08mm). Well done!

Found my bed leveling problem… My Y-AXIS platform was installed UPSIDE DOWN. That explains why it was curved like a bow in the middle… :grimacing: Amazingly it can be installed both ways without you noticing for a year - it’s a very versatile printer.

1 Like

Yes, and this is why reading the manual’s assembly instructions and its details is very important.

1 Like

Yea, the usual advice during kickstarter was to ask people to show us the bolt pattern on the bed… It was really common for people to install them upside down.