A350 with Luban 3.14 is doing weird things

Hello Experts,
hope that somebody can help me.
Based on *.svg files exported from Incscape, I created gcodes with Luban 3.14 in the laser section to cut from 1.6 -1.8 mm plywood.
Meanwhile I wasted a lot of this expensive material.
While the toolpath preview in luban seems to be ok, the representation in ncviewer looks a bit strange , because the model is not in the plane with the workarea.
The cutting results on the A350 however are totally weird. The scale is mixed up, parts of the model seem to be lost and the 3 passes are not congruent but shifted.
Pictures are screenshots from Luban and nc viewer and photos of the lasered plywood

thanks for help in advance
W.Dannenberg

20210411_175931

Hey! First of all, if you want to cut or engrave wood, make small test pieces to get the best results in the end.

Did you clamp the wood piece to the bed? Is it possible that the wood moved? - your second and last picture seems so.

Please share your failed gcode (*.snaplzr).

Info: The 0-point of the four quadrants is your work origin.

Hey, these are not the first parts I cutted

I also made numerous test cuts to calibrate focus length, and found it at 24,3mm.

And yes you are right, it looks like the work piece has moved, but it didn’t.

The pics are showing you, that the preview of toolpath is ok, but obviously Luban mixes up something when generating gcode, or the A350 cannot execute the gcode.

I’m pretty sure, that this did not happen with the luban 3.12, but I will check again.

I’ll share the gcode with 2nd mail.

Thank you

BlueMail for Android herunterladen

Please share the .nc file or *snaplzr file to me. Thank you in advance.

Edwin

Hello Edwin,

please find attached the corresponding *.snaplzr file.

The gcode from seem to be ok, every pass starts at the same Point.

But the the linear modules x and especially y look as if they are Jumping some steps…….

This is why I additional checked the work origin of the A350 with a circle that I draw in the middle of the Luban work area.

After homing the A350 moved in this Location as work origin. (s. Photos)

Do you think that is right from your point of view , because it is not the middle of the laser work platform and does not correspond to the coordinates shown on the display.

Thank for your support

Wolfgang

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

(Attachment Eifel middle and top.snaplzr is missing)

Eifel middle and top.nc (318 KB)

20210413_112556_HDR.png

20210413_112403_HDR.png

Hello Chris,

please find attached the corresponding *.snaplzr file.

The gcode from seem to be ok, every pass starts at the same Point.

But the the linear modules x and especially y look as if they are Jumping some steps…….

This is why I additional checked the work origin of the A350 with a circle that I draw in the middle of the Luban work area.

After homing the A350 moved in this Location as work origin. (s. Photos)

Do you think that is right from your point of view , because it is not the middle of the laser work platform and does not correspond to the coordinates shown on the display.

Thank for your support

Wolfgang

(Attachment Eifel middle and top.snaplzr is missing)

Eifel middle and top.nc (318 KB)

20210413_112556_HDR.png

20210413_112403_HDR.png

Hello Edwin,

2nd trial, because *.snplzr is not authorized

Eifel middle and top.rar (18.8 KB)

Hello Chris ,

2nd Trial, because *.snaplzr is not authorized by snapmaker…….

Eifel middle and top.rar (18.8 KB)

Hey, you don´t need to make similar post´s for similar answers :joy:
Simply @Wolle06 someone and talk to him.

The gcode actually looks good.

I am not sure what you want to show with your pictures and i am also not sure if the laser bed behaves like the cnc- or printbed, but they are not useable all over the space.- Just inside the grid.

I would suggest to watch the process and see if there is any mechanical barrier or faulty linear modules or rocking off workpiece.

Are there any sounds which are not normal, like bumps?
Do you use the silikone plugs to secure your workpiece?

Hello I sent two emails because I got two requests, one from you and 2nd one from DengPeng.

So, how can I know that you are sitting close together ??

The picture you sent me is not a correct representation, because only part no. 3 is in plane all other are not in plane but under an angle.

Correct would be that all parts are in the same plane like no.3

Yes there is a squeezing noise when homing Y and when Y comes to the Limitation.

If you look to the scales I put on the work platform , than you will see , that the laser head is not in the middle of the work platform.

But this , what I would expect, or am I wrong ?

Thank you for understanding

9FEF54D55F1D4A7898A1183C7770FFF2.png

I am a member like you.
@Edwin is from snapmaker.

I only wanted to say, if you @xchrisd or someone else, you could speak to more people in one post, - no problem…
Next step would be to share your log files.

I would suggest to create a gcode with many fast travels so you could check if the steppers skip steps.
Wir können auch gerne auf deutsch schreiben, simply Pm me for more info or help.

@xchrisd Thank you for your answer, Chris.

@Wolle06 I have imported this file to Snapmaker Luban V3.14.0, and its size is 210(Width) * 297(Length).

The pattern is inside the workplace. Before you start to engrave, you can choose run-boundary to check if the size is out of the working area.

Cheers
Edwin

Hello Edwin,

this is really trivial.

Since I got my A350 I engraved and cutted more than 50 modells. So I know what I am doing.

To check the boundaries is mandatory to position the pattern in the right place on the material. These are basics.

But this check doesn’t tell you, if all passes will be executed congruent.

In my special case pass 1 was right and the 2 following passes were shifted relatively to the 1st pass, although in the gcode all 3 passes started at the same position. If the editor shows me a correct gcode, than the problem must be with the A350

Any idea ?

Thank you

BlueMail for Android herunterladen