Potential fix for J1 clicking and clogging

J1 support fast printing. However, some materials are not compatible with fast printing. For example, Silk PLA and most Silk filaments generally require a lower print speed and an increased nozzle temperature. Using inappropriate print settings for some special materials can cause a clog.

Here are the guides on the clogging/filament not extruding troubleshooting flowchart and general solutions. Please note that general troubleshooting content is aimed at providing an instant guide as a self-support resource. It wonā€™t be helpful 100%. However, you can contact the support team to do deeper troubleshooting. The support service is also important. https://snapmaker.formcrafts.com/support-ticket

2 Likes

Just a side note from the german Drucktipps3d forum: one user there experienced sudden extruder problems at unlogical places, seemingly extruder clicks and jumps.

After a bit of searchng, he found that this issue is firmware related this time, reached out for their support and got the information that the current firnware has an issue with the G92 E0 command.

Thus, if you suddenly have issues now, try to downgrade your firmware first.

1 Like

Just created an account to say thank you all for the great advise on how to let the J1 become a good printer. Without you, Iā€™d have given up on it.
Especially the thermal paste hint helped to get rid of the clicking I experienced all the time with a bit more tricky filament.
Thank you, guys

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the 0.6 hotend is clogging less than the 0.4?

From the logic side I guess through the 0.6mm nozzle should be printed easier with less risk of clogging because of less pressure in the nozzle and less needed force of the extruder.

Yes, thatā€™s what i was thinking also. Whould be nice if someone who has experience with the 0.6 hotend could confirm.

I even print with a 0.2 mm nozzle on the left head without any problems.

I have had a few issues with heat creep. Iā€™ve solved it by changing the PTFE in the titanium heat break. Removing the stuck plastic is a challenge but I have access to tools to make it easier. Iā€™ve converted my printer to use the new E3D revo nozzles and I havenā€™t had any issues yet.