Windows memory low

I ve been running a print for 3 days over the USB connection to avoid filament runout problems (M412 S0) and noticed that that the screen saver was steadily slowing down (jumpy). My PC has 12GB (RAM)

Eventually a windows error dialog informs me that windows will close programs to continue but has already terminated my USB session

Any advice what should I do when

a) I notice the screen saver is slowing?
b) when the windows m=low mwmory warning dialog is displayed?

Are you printing from within Luban? Don’t print 3 day jobs from within Luban - it’s not stable.

Disable the screen saver

There’s nothing you can do to prevent that. Close other programs, try and free up as much RAM as possible. But Luban has a memory leak and it will inevitably do that.

When it happens, restart the program.

many many thanks !

btw any idea what is the approximate largest size within reason that luban can handle?

im not sure if I should be attempting to limit the gcode size or actual model size or both

I haven’t seen any hard limits for Luban like the touchscreen, which is anecdotally recommended under 100MB.

You could consider finding another way of sending very large gcode files if you need that. A lot of people use Octoprints with good results. There’s also repetier-host, universal gcode sender, and Cura can send files directly over USB.