Vertical lines on fast print Normal or not

Are these lines normal on a fast print , is there any way to reduce them , my A350 is only about a month old.
Thank You

Just guessing here: one of the ‘consistent’ infills, low density? Is that what I’m seeing basically impressed (supporting) the shown surface? Was that printed large flat (X-face) shown on its side? (Guessing from the contours of the layer lines in the X, they seem to follow the depth profile vs. being “topographical stacks” making up the channel…plus you called them ‘vertical’.)

If so you can change to one of the other infill shapes and increase the density some, and add another layer line or two for the “sides”. If I’m guessing your orientation wrong please clarify. But the tri-hex sort of infills will still have this sort of support, just the lines will become intermittently (still a repeating pattern, but not uniformly) spaced.

sorry no that is one wall of an L shaped test those are vertical lines parallel to the z axis it was an "acceleration test " from a cura test print extension. trying to find my issue with y deflection on random prints . this printed perfect except for those lines.

tanks for the response.

Do you see these lines on other prints and/or using slower settings? Also, do you see other ghosting artifacts? It can be hard to tell sometimes from pictures.

They are much more subtle on circular prints , it seems the ghosting there is more random less pronounced and not cyclical as these , if you believe this is just serious ghosting I will do some research and make some faster test prints and see if i can make some tweaks to minimize it . I think the lines being so evenly spaced and so much more pronounced that is might be related to my more serious issue with the machine.

This is the random occurrence that worries me.

Thanks for the input.

So first picture is a side wall plane parallel to Z, which is exactly what I asked. I think you’re seeing where the infill pattern meets the wall perimeter pattern. Add a wall layer to reduce this further, but you’re probably always going to see something like this a little. I’ll see if I can dig up an obvious picture of my own.

1 Like

I don’t really think it’s severe ghosting, as the x and y on the acceleration test don’t seem to cause any patterns, it just would be an easy thing to rule out without the prints you already have. I would recommend doing what @rtrski suggests and do a test print with either thicker walls, printing walls first, or a different infill pattern to see if that fixes/changes the problem.

As for your second picture, could you add more context? Is the bottom print from before reassembling? Does it really look that bad in person or it is just a camera glitch?

I did some earler posts “extreme Y axis deflection” “X-Y calibration test need help badly” that show the original print when it showed up and then a calibration test print . the two you see ,no camera glitch , the bad one was done late one night last print of the day , the good one was the same print the next morning the first print of the day. i did another X-Y calibration test after that and it didn’t deflect until the final top layers. thats why it seems random to me. or maybe temp related. (sorry I don’t know how to reference earlier posts in a reply)

on the ribbing , it was definitely infill distortion , i did a quick test with more infill and the lines increased accordingly. increasing the wall thickness to 4 made them almost disappear only thing I noticed it was gone on the + direction of Y and almost gone on the - direction of Y. I just got an email from Eamon at snapmaker , He believes the Y Linears are defective , so that may fix that also .

I sure do appreciate you responding. I don’t like problems but they always seem to teach me more than when everything goes smoothly.
I will post some prints after I replace those.
Thanks again

1 Like

Good to hear. “Infill distortion” I wish I’d come up with that clear a way to say it in my ramblings. '-)

1 Like

I spent 40 years rebuilding automatic transmissions , and talking to customers, and translating " tick tick bang bang clunk clunk rattle rattle " into a diagnosis . you have no idea how many ways a customer can interpret the word “slip” . and rarely will you hear year make and model. Then you talk to a tech with a problem and you transfer a lot of information in very few words" .in this forum as a newbe I feel like a customer but I need to transfer information like a tech .
but i’m glad I can give a little back for the tons of help you guys give me.

Thanks a bunch